Author Topic: How Affirmative Action Helped Cause the Housing Crisis!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
How Affirmative Action Helped Cause the Housing Crisis!
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:39:23 PM »
Uncovering the roots of the disastrous home mortgage bubble that popped last year will keep economic historians busy for decades. Yet, one factor has so far been largely overlooked: the bipartisan social engineering crusade to drive up the rate of homeownership by handing out more mortgages to minorities.

More than a negligible amount of the blame for the mortgage meltdown can be traced back to multiculturalism: government-mandated affirmative-action lending, demographic change, illegal immigration, and the mind-numbing effects of political correctness.

The chickens have finally come home to roost.

About half of all mortgages for blacks and Hispanics are subprime, versus roughly one-sixth for whites. Not surprisingly, the biggest home price collapses have occurred in heavily Hispanic cities such as Las Vegas, Miami, Phoenix, and Los Angeles.

The mortgage bubble was essentially a bet on the purportedly increased creditworthiness of the bottom half of the American population. After three decades of the home ownership rate stalling at around 64 percent, a series of federal initiatives to increase minority and low-income ownership helped push the rate up to just below 70 percent.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:52:05 AM by Dan »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: How Affirmative Action Helped Cause the Housing Crisis!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:36:47 AM »
Dan, what the article says is true.  However, I would not go linking to Taki's web site, being that he's a raging anti-Semite.  Here's some background on him:

On February 5, 2007, journalist and socialite Taki Theodoracopulos launched Taki’s Top Drawer, (www.takimag.com), a conservative online magazine. Taki writes a column, the “High Life,” which has appeared in London’s The Spectator for the past twenty-five years. He writes also for National Review, the Sunday Times (London), Esquire, Vanity Fair, and Quest, among others. In 2002, Taki founded The American Conservative magazine with Pat Buchanan and Scott McConnell. Taki is a descendant of a titled family from the Ionian island of Zante. His father was a self-made shipping magnate who served in both the Greek armed forces during the World War II Balkan campaign of 1940-1941 and the anti-German resistance movement. Taki was educated at the Lawrenceville School and the University of Virginia, and is married to Princess Alexandra Schoenburg.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
Dan, what the article says is true.  However, I would not go linking to Taki's web site, being that he's a raging anti-Semite.  Here's some background on him:

On February 5, 2007, journalist and socialite Taki Theodoracopulos launched Taki’s Top Drawer, (www.takimag.com), a conservative online magazine. Taki writes a column, the “High Life,” which has appeared in London’s The Spectator for the past twenty-five years. He writes also for National Review, the Sunday Times (London), Esquire, Vanity Fair, and Quest, among others. In 2002, Taki founded The American Conservative magazine with Pat Buchanan and Scott McConnell. Taki is a descendant of a titled family from the Ionian island of Zante. His father was a self-made shipping magnate who served in both the Greek armed forces during the World War II Balkan campaign of 1940-1941 and the anti-German resistance movement. Taki was educated at the Lawrenceville School and the University of Virginia, and is married to Princess Alexandra Schoenburg.

Sorry... I got it off FreeRepublic and did even know where it was linked.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
Lisa:  "...I would not go linking to Taki's web site, being that he's a raging anti-Semite."

In general, I agree with this suggestion.

However, I myself often find that truth in the media is frequently found on "fringe element" websites which are not favorably disposed to Jews, Israel, America, or Kahanism.

For this reason I have from time to time linked specific articles of journalistic integrity to websites which I myself know to be antithetical to JTF and its goals.

I suggest that this can be done on the forum if the poster simply includes a disclaimer (*) as to the website link being one which is hostile to our interests, but containing an article or news story of importance to us.

Truth is truth, and sometimes can only be found in places outside of the mainstream media.

No better example can be made of this than the case of Rabbi Meir Kahane's original JDL and Chaim Ben Pesach's messages of truth found only on JTF.

At present, the vast majority of American Jews consider JTF and Kahanism as "dangerous radical extremism", the same as we here consider Lew Rockwell, Alex Jones, and other "out of the mainstream" viewpoints.

Even so, an educated and informed JTF Kahanist can and should scan the internet and other sources for knowledge which will not be found on Fox News and CNN.

Website linkage, in and of itself, does not equate to website viewpoint agreement.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »
I see what you're saying, Massuh.  I think the idea of including a disclaimer is good. 

And Dan, if you want a blog that represents the politically incorrect, traditionalist right, where race is freely discussed, may I suggest "View From the Right" by Lawrence Auster? He posted pretty much posted the exact same thing on his blog a few months ago.  Here's the address:

http://amnation.com/vfr