Author Topic: Fairness Doctrine  (Read 1122 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Fairness Doctrine
« on: June 25, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »
Does anybody think it will ever been put back into law? 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Fairness Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
Its unlikely.. however if 2008 ends up being a disaster for the GOP, then It would have a chance.    But I think they'd also need Judicial support at the top.. and Im not sure the current supreme court would allow such an obvious violation of the first amendment.  But I'm sure Obama's picks would supprt it.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 05:43:41 PM »
Its unlikely.. however if 2008 ends up being a disaster for the GOP, then It would have a chance.    But I think they'd also need Judicial support at the top.. and Im not sure the current supreme court would allow such an obvious violation of the first amendment.  But I'm sure Obama's picks would supprt it.

They passed that ruling last week giving the detainees in Guantanamo the same legal rights as you or I why would they not go for that?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
I listen to conservative talk radio every day and the Fairness Doctrine is very much a hot topic and concern. Talk Radio (Conservaitve) is an extremely powerful tool. Funny thing is that Air America and every liberal talk radio program that has been on the air has failed miserably.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04:07 PM »
I listen to conservative talk radio every day and the Fairness Doctrine is very much a hot topic and concern. Talk Radio (Conservaitve) is an extremely powerful tool. Funny thing is that Air America and every liberal talk radio program that has been on the air has failed miserably.
Conservative talk shows have a following of principled people. The have a set policy and stick to it. Good show hosts build a strong following that will stick with them for years. Liberals are all over when it comes to policy and I don't think that liberal hosts can garner the same level of support since by their very nature Liberals tend to be all over the place in what the believe. What works for a Liberal today may not be trendy when the next loony idea comes along.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »
Will this apply to the Academy Awards, the Tonys, art shows, the Golden Globes, liberal documentaries, CNN, CBS, PBS and Democracy Now?  Hmmmm....somehow I doubt it...

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 11:47:13 PM »
Well liberals have every other media outlet. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, Newsweek, USA Today, NY Slimes, Washington Post ect... Now they want talk radio. It was Consertative talk radio that killed the McCain Kennedy bill and thank God for that.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 12:23:13 AM »

They passed that ruling last week giving the detainees in Guantanamo the same legal rights as you or I why would they not go for that?

Is it just me, or are the courts pursuing a wicked agenda?  They're lifting a ban on gay marriage and giving gitmo detainees the same rights as everyone else.  Of course they'll bring back the fairness doctrine.  I don't trust the courts, they're up to something.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 12:45:56 AM »
Well liberals have every other media outlet. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, Newsweek, USA Today, NY Slimes, Washington Post ect... Now they want talk radio. It was Consertative talk radio that killed the McCain Kennedy bill and thank G-d for that.

Yes and they have mentioned ideas on how to control the blogoshpere. AP tested the waters with not allowing conservatives to site their articles. 

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 12:50:46 AM »
The President can appoint the FCC board.  If the majority of the board support it, it becomes policy in typical Communist/Bolshevik fashion.