Author Topic: Obama's adult time in Indonesia to write his book  (Read 771 times)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Obama's adult time in Indonesia to write his book
« on: June 27, 2008, 05:33:34 AM »
I got this article from Wikipedia.  Almost one or two years after being on the faculty of the University of Chicago, Barack travelled to Bali, Indonesia (later a hotbed for Al Qaeda activity and bombings) to write his book.

My questions.

Where did he get the money to live there?
Who did he spend time with and did he work there?
Is he an Indonesian citizen????

This time was right before he dived into his political career.  Could he have been working with Muslims or Communist agents to prepare for an eventual presidential run?

Here's a snippet from the Wikipedia article:

Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988 and at the end of his first year was selected as an editor of the law review based on his grades and a writing competition.[16] In his second year he was elected president of the law review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the law review's staff of 80 editors.[17] Obama's election in February 1990 as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review was widely reported and followed by several long, detailed profiles.[17] He graduated with a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991 and returned to Chicago where he had worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley & Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[16][18]

The publicity from his election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review led to a contract and advance to write a book about race relations.[19] In an effort to recruit him to their faculty, the University of Chicago Law School provided Obama with a fellowship and an office to work on his book.[19] He originally planned to finish the book in one year, but it took much longer as the book evolved into a personal memoir. In order to work without interruptions, Obama and his wife, Michelle, traveled to Bali where he wrote for several months. The manuscript was finally published as Dreams from My Father in mid-1995.[19]