Author Topic: I want to learn basic Hebrew  (Read 2359 times)

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
I want to learn basic Hebrew
« on: July 17, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
I need a basic video or audio course on Hebrew. I already know a dozen words thanks to Chaim's programs but I want to learn this language for real. Does anybody know where I can download free video courses? Chaim's Hebrew videos are too complicated for somebody without any substantial knowledge of Hebrew. I'll try to find something on torrent trackers.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I want to learn basic Hebrew
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »
well you could probably find a basic Pimsleur hebrew course by torrent trackers. If i remember correctly, Chaim recommended this site: http://www.audioforum.com/

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 06:15:56 PM »
I am also interested in learning hebrew but I want a course in NYC. What country are you in IslamIsCancer?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »
I am also interested in learning hebrew but I want a course in NYC. What country are you in IslamIsCancer?

I live and study in Germany but I'm not German by descent.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »

I live and study in Germany but I'm not German by descent.
Oh hehe, I doubt you will find a hebrew program there. Even in Queens I dont know of one.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »
DWI, there are all kinds of courses here for 200 Euros a month in average that's $ 300 a month... but I want it free. So I'm downloading something :)
Free Javakh!!!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »
There are web-based Hebrew courses where you actually learn from an Israeli on your PC by way of videoconferencing. You need a video camera, mic and speakers. The link below is only one of many. I know nothing about them. Do you due-diligence.

http://onlinehebrewlesson.com/
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:24 AM »
Have you tried Rosetta Stone? I heard it's the most popular
 It's online and around $149/ month

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 02:02:30 AM »
I can study science from a textbook but I would rather have a class to learn a new language. It's much easier to learn when you are communicating with a native speaker. I want to learn in person, not online.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 03:57:43 AM »
Yogi has a audio lecture series on his JTF-Europe blog.

Look here: http://jtfblog.wordpress.com/category/learn-hebrew/

Zelhar has linked a few books in the hebrew learning section too.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:23:40 AM »
I need a basic video or audio course on Hebrew. I already know a dozen words thanks to Chaim's programs but I want to learn this language for real. Does anybody know where I can download free video courses? Chaim's Hebrew videos are too complicated for somebody without any substantial knowledge of Hebrew. I'll try to find something on torrent trackers.

Hi there,

Try The Learnables. It is a very good program. However they only have level 1 and Basic Strutures to my knowledge.

It is very expensive. Do not buy it new. Buy it on ebay, once in a great while they have it available. There are a few other sites on the net as well, that you can buy it from. A lot of homeschoolers use this program. So check with homeschoolclassifieds.

Foreign Language Institute is also another great place to start. You can use the site for FREE on the net. Just type in FSI Language and it should come up. You can also try Pimsleur-warning VERY expensive, again find it used. Whatever you do, I pre warn you, do not use Rosetta Stone, it is a waste of money. I have used it. It is out of this world expensive, and a huge waste of money. Lastly, for language learning use: Livemocha.com. It is a free site. One problem; they do not offer Hebrew:( However, go on there and make a REQUEST for it PLEASE! The more people that request it, the more likely they will get it in, and this site is free and is VERY, VERY, good.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:26:39 PM by WALK STRONG »

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 08:11:53 AM »
Now I have Pimsleur Hebrew I and II these are great audio programs.
I'll tell you more about this when I'm done listening.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »
Have you tried Rosetta Stone? I heard it's the most popular
 It's online and around $149/ month

Is this better than the computer program discs? Have you had reason to try either?