Author Topic: JTF Allies - Make sure you are prepared.  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: JTF Allies - Make sure you are prepared.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
FN is a great rifle. I had DSA SA58 which is modeled after the FN. I just replaced it with one of the new Springfield SOCOM IIs. It's expensive but a 308 is a fun calibre to shoot.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »
For those on a survival budget. You can get these from Costco.co for 84.99 shipped. They have a shelf life of up to 20 years and contains 275 servings that reconstitute with just hot water. Water and bug proof sealed in a 5 gallon plastic bucket. 11 days of nourshiment for 1 person. I have purchase quite a few of these. When my real food runs out I can go for quite a while plus they are easily moved.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11219554&search=104893&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=104893&Ntt=104893&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1 
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 12:04:44 AM »
This is probably a good time to invest in gold and real estate. 

Gold definitly, real estate I dont think soo.
  Already like a year ago I was believing that gold is a very great investment. This guy who works part time with my dad (he also does stock trading) said that gold and oil isn't that good, I was saying the opposite and I wish I had some big $ back in the day to invest in gold.
 Also do people think it would be evil to invest in oil, if someone had the $ and predicted that it would go up? (And their is soo much indicators for these 2 commodities going up, even the Talmud written 2,000 years ago said that in the Messianic era gold and expecially oil will be expensive- also food prices).
This is probably a good time to invest in gold and real estate.  Not real estate funds but actual properties.
I haven't decided about gold but here in New York I think real estate as an investment could be a questionable proposition. Real estate right now is a good opportunity for an investor that has a great deal of cash money that he would not need to live on if things got really bad.  If we all could see a year or two down the line and saw that the major problems in the economy were subsiding then buying some real estate might be a good idea. If on the other hand the economy continues to fade being overextended in property that could be hard to sell could be a real problem. Taxes still have to be paid and if a home or building exists it has to be maintained. Here in New York property taxes are high and in a bad economy people have lost their property because they were property rich and cash poor and were unable to make the tax rolls. I am not sure about other parts of the country but here in New York although there are distress sales people have payed bubble prices for properties and they or the foreclosing bank are unwilling to take the blood bath by selling cheap. Prices are still high but the market is stagnant. This makes the market even more volatile because sooner or later people like that will not be able to cling on and the prices will then collapse taking all property owners  along for the ride down.

It sounds like gold only goes up when times are bad.  Who knows, maybe actually owning gold pieces will come in handy if things get really bad.  Real estate could be good if there's a bright spot in the future but it sounds like you're saying its too risky of a move if you're putting all your eggs in one basket.  Guns and survival are a must. How much would you be thankful that you had just taken a few minutes out of your day for the worst case scenario if things really hit the fan?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 05:56:34 AM »
If things really go south; you can't eat gold and unless you get close enough to hit someone with it you can't defend yourself with it.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 06:28:36 AM »
If things really go south; you can't eat gold and unless you get close enough to hit someone with it you can't defend yourself with it.
I was always under the impression that gold was a hedge against inflation the thought behind this was when the dollar dropped people sort of migrated to it raising its value. I think no matter what gold will always have a base value unlike cash that could go to nothing in a total collapse but then again in a total collapse who needs gold. The man with some extra food or a useful commodity will be far better off. I honestly don't know what the answer is as far as the best place to be in with finances but being prepared for an emergency natural or civil is always a good idea in today's world.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
I believe in the Dave Ramsey investment rule. Pay off all your debt. Then invest what ever you want to risk.