Author Topic: Radar technology from America to Israel delays possible attack on Iran by 6 mont  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
It's better to be safe than sorry.  Israel will need to wait, if the radar is this effective.

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
Couldn't you just imagine Barak Hussein Obama trying to stop Israel from having the radar!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Forget the radar, just strike Iran.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Any American government (Hussein Obama excluded) would most likely let Israel access its early warning satellites because it is their interest to minimize potential casualties from a missile attack on Israel.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
During such turbulent periods, 6 months may be large enough.

Who knows Iran too can manage to get better technologies.

If anything is to happen, it is to happen within next six months.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
Don't trust america.  It wouldn't be the first time they reneged on a deal, and even if they do deliver they probably have exaggerated its capabilities.  The best defense is a good offense.  Don't wait Israel, your time is now.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
It would be a luxury to have the radar system developed by Raytheon and realtime access to U.S. spy satellites to detect Iranian launches.

However, the Israeli timetable for any attack on Iran can not and must not be predicated on the availability of American radar or intelligence. Israel must be prepared to make due with it's home grown radar systems and the home grown Ofek satellite network.

The Israeli decision of if and when to attack Iran can not be held hostage to the prevailing whims of Washington.

Of course, America should support Israeli efforts against Iran, because an Iranian nuke poses a dire threat not only to Israel but to 'the Great Satan' as well. That is, unless America thinks the oft chanted Iranian mantra of 'Death to Israel, Death to the USA' is just for entertainment purposes only.

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
Don't trust america.  It wouldn't be the first time they reneged on a deal, and even if they do deliver they probably have exaggerated its capabilities.  The best defense is a good offense.  Don't wait Israel, your time is now.
[/quote

It's not a simple decision at all.   It may be worth waiting 6 months  to save a lot of Jewish lives.  Its easy for us to scream  "attack, attack don't wait" , we're not the ones in danger of thousands of exploding missles raining down on our families.  

You can't just have a knee jerk reaction.  This needs serious military analysis, by people who know.  We don't know enough about the radar system.  Does it work as good as the Americans say it does?   Suppose, God forbid, Obama is President, and he blocks Israel from getting the radar?   Can Israel wait 6 months to attack?   How far along will Iran's air  defense system be in 6 months?   How far along will Iran's nuclear program be?

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
If Chaim were Prime Minister I don't think he would make a knee jerk response.  I'm hoping he  would meet with the military establishment and learn about the radar, and make decisions only after considerable study and thought.