Author Topic: On the subject of Georgia, Vienna Mike's take on Abkhazia - cautionary tale  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Jewish, iraq-war veteran, proponent of Medinat Yehudah warns Jewish patriots of the folly of abkhazia

http://virtualjudah.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/abkhazia-a-cautionary-tale/

This was a followup piece to "Artsakh:  An example to emulate"
http://virtualjudah.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/artsakh-an-example-to-emulate/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I do not like Vienna Mike for his slander of a Rabbi on Israel National News. I think this Mike is a dodo for his constant slander of the land of Israel. I do not think he is noble nor to be respected. I just dont like his writing.

muman613

PS: Im sure most here will love him but he should work on his approach, IMO.

PSS: It seems to me no different than those like NK who side with the enemy.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:17:44 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
I do not appreciate any Jew slandering rabbis, but I have long gotten used to mike vienna's style by now, and the content of his writings go way beyond any sort of blanket dismissal, which would be an injustice.  To clarify, he has a policy against ALL "oslo traitors."   You can make the implication on how he would define that and which rabbis and nonrabbis would fall into that category.   Even if you think vienna mike's a complete creep, some of what he writes has value - it can't possibly all be rot.   I would caution you very strongly against making such a blanket condemnation or referring to a fellow Jew as evil...

• Gold Star JTF Member
If you refer to vienna mike as "NK" then you either a. haven't read vienna mike (or don't understand at all what he's saying) or b. you are purposely slandering him....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
If you refer to vienna mike as "NK" then you either a. haven't read vienna mike (or don't understand at all what he's saying) or b. you are purposely slandering him....

KWRBT,

I am sorry for being so extreme... I modified my comment to avoid making such extreme statements. I just feel so bad for Rabbi Fishman who I have come to respect. It is so sad to see him attacking Rabbi Fishman for nothing other than loving the land of Israel and calling for more aliyah. I dont think Mikes method is very good.

I will try to look at what he is saying if you think it is worthwhile. I dont want to close my mind to anything which has the potential to bring about our redemption. I want to trust some people here and I just know what I have seen I dont like.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member

KWRBT,

I am sorry for being so extreme... I modified my comment to avoid making such extreme statements. I just feel so bad for Rabbi Fishman who I have come to respect. It is so sad to see him attacking Rabbi Fishman for nothing other than loving the land of Israel and calling for more aliyah. I dont think Mikes method is very good.

I will try to look at what he is saying if you think it is worthwhile. I dont want to close my mind to anything which has the potential to bring about our redemption. I want to trust some people here and I just know what I have seen I dont like.

muman613

I also do not appreciate the way he attacks Tzvi Fishman relentlessly...   He obviously disagrees with Tzvi's approach but I love Tzvi....   mike gets extreme in his comments....   I do look at his message though and have learned to ignore the more unsavory aspects of this fellow since he seems to know a great deal......

I had thought you were referring to a certain Oslo Accord signatory, in which case I wouldn't care so much.
But I do agree that Tzvi is really hounded by this guy....

• Gold Star JTF Member
But to be fair, I have been watching those A7 blogs for months, and it is a two way street, Tzvi definitely provokes some of it because he has devoted many blog entries solely to bashing his Diaspora critics and labelling them spies, etc....

I do happen to disagree with vienna mike's stance on aliyah and agree with Fishman on that point.   Outside of that, I think he has a lot of good points.