Author Topic: The Black-White Test Score Gap Through Third Grade  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
The Black-White Test Score Gap Through Third Grade
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
This paper describes basic facts regarding the black-white test score gap over the first four years of school. Black children enter school substantially behind their white counterparts in reading and math, but including a small number of covariates erases the gap. Over the first four years of school, however, blacks lose substantial ground relative to other races; averaging .10 standard deviations per school year. By the end of third grade there is a large Black-White test score gap that cannot be explained by observable characteristics. Blacks are falling behind in virtually all categories of skills tested, except the most basic. None of the explanations we examine, including systematic differences in school quality across races, convincingly explain the divergent academic trajectory of Black students.
Here's where I got the Info from:
 *http://ideas.repec.org/p/nbr/nberwo/11049.html*

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: The Black-White Test Score Gap Through Third Grade
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
I heard something like that.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
It is ridiculous that you would post something like this. It is absolutely rascist trash!!!  You white people always putting the black man down.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
It is ridiculous that you would post something like this. It is absolutely rascist trash!!!  You white people always putting the black man down.
  I hope you're joking!
           trying to hit 500 posts and not stepping on any toes is difficult...  ;D

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »
  I hope you're joking!
indeed, it is. and its not completly rascist if the statistics are completely true.
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »
Sorry, hadn't seen a proper response from PJC yet so i thought I would pipe up in support of the Christian membership.  Yep 8;) I'm joking. However, you walk into any large organization and quote statistics like this and at the least you will be sent to sensitivity conditioning and possibly even fired for rascism.

The truth is no excuse. We know that from dealing with the muzzies.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
  I hope you're joking!

I try not to upset anyone with more than 1000 posts or more guns than White Israeli.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
  I hope you're joking!

I try not to upset anyone with more than 1000 posts or more guns than White Israeli.
    O0!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
In Toronto (where I'm from), they are creating a separate school system for black students.  The blacks feel that they would learn better in a segregated environment.  If this helps them learn, then I'm all for it, except I resent the fact that my tax dollars go to this program, which only they benefit from.