Author Topic: Congress Tries To Fix What It Broke  (Read 547 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Congress Tries To Fix What It Broke
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »
http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=306544845091102

Congress Tries To Fix What It Broke
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:20 PM PT
Regulation: As the financial crisis spreads, denials on Capitol Hill grow more shrill. Blame an aloof President Bush, greedy Wall Street, risky capitalism — anybody but those in Congress who wrote the banking rules.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Congress Tries To Fix What It Broke
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:11:25 PM »
Personally, I don't have alot of respect for congress, because of the fact that we treat them like Kings/Queens.

They get the best healthcare, private retirement, etc, etc, etc, they pass laws for us, the American people that they are not effected by in any way, shape or form.... >:(

I feel that it is really corrupt...... :o

This is my 2 cents, anyway.....

Of course, we see evidence of the corruption all the time, don't we? Every time someone gets caught buying prostitutes or what have you.

WE, the PEOPLE need to be holding them MUCH MORE ACCOUNTABLE than we have done in the past....

We all need to be speaking UP, writing them LETTERS, getting involved in the LAW MAKING process, etc.

Please go over to www.congress.org if you would like to be doing this.

WE NEED more people to SPEAK UP, too many, way too many people just sit on the sidelines and expect things to work out while our country goes to **** in a handbasket.... >:(

I get soooo tired of some of the people I talk to, that just really have NO CLUE or just DON'T CARE....

Well, if Obama gets elected, and things start happening, they will start caring, but then it will be TOO LATE!!!!

ok, Ill get off my soapbox, now..... :laugh:

;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »
well... congress does have the lowest approval rating in the history of polling.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »
well... congress does have the lowest approval rating in the history of polling.

:::D :laugh: :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל