0 (0%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Safari
1 (7.1%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What web browser do you use?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
What web browser do you use?
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:19:13 AM »
I use firefox because it's the best.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: What web browser do you use?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »
Both I.E. and Firefox
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »
i use firefox because it is quick and easy to use also very reliable  :clap:
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
Large corporation fear open source competitors. Look at what Wikipedia did to Microsoft Encarta and encyclopedia britannica. Firefox is doing the same to IE.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:42:54 AM »
Firefox!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:56:39 AM »
i use firefox because it is quick and easy to use also very reliable 

how many seconds does it take to launch firefox? 

how many seconds to launch IE?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »
Large corporation fear open source competitors. Look at what Wikipedia did to Microsoft Encarta and encyclopedia britannica. Firefox is doing the same to IE.

Yes, but novices dont know this... and when they get their new PC... they always just use the default browser... unless someone tells them otherwise.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 01:30:34 AM »
IE and Firefox
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:20:58 AM »
Firefox 3.0 Rocks!

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »

Yes, but novices dont know this... and when they get their new PC... they always just use the default browser... unless someone tells them otherwise.

<rant>
I've told certain novices FF is better for them. Less easily exploited.

In their case, they were too stupid and/or adventurous in their browsing, to use IE safely.

BTW, MS Word has not replaced notepad. The latter is minimalist and launches in an instant.

IE launches faster than FF. Always has. 

I know the latest FF launches quite fast but that's always the story with FF or linux cultists. Always the problem, the people outside their cult haven't tried the latest version, and that's the cause of their misery. Just a way to stifle dissent. They then offer solutions that bend over backwards with imperfect solutions to make their cult software all things to all men, instead of just saying this the philosophy of their cultist software is blah, these are its pluses and minuses, and it does have minuses, and customixing it well is one thing, but trying to make it something it isn't, is something else.

Another case where I got novices using FF, besides popups.. Was that they didn't want windows updated. And some sites were crashing IE on that machine for no obvious reason. So FF just worked better.

I use IE, Opera, FF. If one annoys me I use another. I like IE most. I don't necessarily use the latest IE version. I just like the minimalism with a GUI that works without having to customize it straight away.

I remember that sometimes installing Opera or FF, the latest version always has some stupid thing. I have to turn off somewhere in preferences. An easy google but why bother with all that jazz if one just wants a web browser. 

IE is just there. And it's quick. Excuse me for being lazy but lazyness is the mother of invention. It counts for something in computers.
Funny how linux users also rave about FF. More thna anybody. It's quite MS in its philosophy of trying to pack everything into one piece of software.  What happened to the minimalist pieces of software that string together.  I guess when it comes to the GUI they are trying to be like MS. I'll never believe that OO is as good as Ms Office, I had a friend that was part of the cult once, kept saying how great it was, but eventually conceded that despite many many improvements it was too buggy, and Ms Office just worked and always did. And what should one expect from Sun Microsystems producers of java (another cult thing, but fortunately there's a large group against it!)
</rant>
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:12:23 AM by q_q_ »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 06:07:33 AM »
I use firefox. Its cross a platform browser. You can pretty much expect the same results on all OS's.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »
Right now, I'm using Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2.

I prefer Firefox though.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 06:49:39 AM »
Firefox is the best, hands down.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim