Author Topic: When the wicked put the righteous in danger  (Read 657 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
When the wicked put the righteous in danger
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »
(obviously i'm fascinated by a lot of chaim's different answers so far today for the askJTF..here's another one)

Chaim mentions that when bad things happen to righteous people in this world, they are given redemption in the next world. The same holds true when the wicked get away with murder in this world and pay the punishment in the next.

There was a way Chaim answered the question however that made me think...What if a leader were to gather the masses of the righteous and convince them that their war is the righteous one and that their deaths would be repayed with rewards in heaven?  Look what the Muslim leaders have done to their masses...

I want to add to Chaim's answer to this point...Not only is it righteous to be righteous...but to choose life takes a front seat as well.  When both are at stake, there are, in Judaism, a few instances where you choose the right thing over your life...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: When the wicked put the righteous in danger
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
Judaism values life and is concerned with life on this world. I don't think that a leader could be basing on Judaism to raise an army of suicide soldiers.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
Judaism values life and is concerned with life on this world. I don't think that a leader could be basing on Judaism to raise an army of suicide soldiers.

certainly not...however, there are egomaniacs and cult of personalities that can move the masses to justify evil actions in the name of a righteous name...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
hi Dr Dan,
  I believe that we NEED to just stay righteous. Lately I have gotten a LOT of flack from people that are FAKE conservatives. And LIARS. They are TRYING to impose THEIR way of thinking on ME. Now I KNOW that I am plenty bad, and also can be unrighteous, but my G-d IF WE DONT TAKE THE STAND, WHO WILL?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates