Author Topic: Evangelical Christians could swing Pennsylvania to the right in November  (Read 448 times)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
Some good news that PA is winnable ....

--------------------------------
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-5christian.6589066sep21,0,7265344.story
------------------------------------

Evangelical Christians could swing Pennsylvania to the right in November

<snip>

''I never had the enthusiasm for him that I had for Palin,'' said Scott Ott, a member of Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship church in Allentown and director of the Christian Victory Valley Camp. ''What it says to me is about John McCain's judgment. He nailed it down after Saddleback by saying: 'I'm not afraid to pick a social and fiscal conservative who has a track record.'''

In a Sept. 11 Quinnipiac University poll, McCain's lead among ''born-again evangelical voters'' stood at 64 percent to Obama's 28 percent, 12 points better than it was in June.

Cromartie said the Democratic Party has had trouble winning evangelical votes in part because it has been seen as more secular, but also because its positions on key social issues including abortion conflict with those of evangelicals.

About 18 percent of Pennsylvanians are evangelicals, according to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. About 26 percent of Americans, roughly 78 million, fit into that category.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Evangelical Christians could swing Pennsylvania to the right in November
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »
I sure hope this is right. The problem is that Pennsylvania also has an enormous Amish/Quaker population... these guys are almost like the Christian haredim, and some are extremely left-wing.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Evangelical Christians could swing Pennsylvania to the right in November
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »
I hope so too!
  PA does have a large white population, outside of the inner city jungle of Philadelphia its most blue collar laborers and folks that Obama refers to as 'Bitter and Clinging to their Guns and Religion'... have these people awoken form their deep sleep, yet!?