0 (0%)
Balad  
0 (0%)
Green Party  
0 (0%)
Else
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Which Israel party do you favor?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Fonzworth

• Full JTFer
  • How in the hell could israel free Kuntar!!!
Which Israel party do you favor?
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »
Israel Political Parties, their History, Platform and Past

http://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-5128,00.html

Kadima
Likud
Labor
Shas
Yisrael Beiteinu
Meretz
National Union-NRP
United Torah Judaism
Hadash
United Arab List
Balad
Green Party

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 11:19:16 PM by Fonzworth »

Offline Fonzworth

• Full JTFer
  • How in the hell could israel free Kuntar!!!
Re: Which Israel party do you favor?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »
Which party is closer to Kahane's doctrine?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »
From reading their platforms, on the link provided:

The United Arab List, Balad, and Hadash, are outright enemies of the state of Israel, wtf are they doing existing as political parties in Israel at all!?   >:(

The National Union-National Religious Party and Yisrael Beiteinu look good.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
I favor partying till I drop!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »
I have always voted for United Torah Judaism when voting on ZOA polls. But I have heard questionable things about UTJ. Does anyone else know much about UTJ?

muman613

From the Ynet link {I usually hate Ynet for their liberal bias}

An ultra-Orthodox Ashkenazi party that resulted from a merger between the hassidic, non-Zionist Agudath Israel and the Degel HaTorah faction.

Degel HaTorah, a Lithuanian ultra-Orthodox party, was formed on the eve of the 12th Knesset elections. The list won two seats and joined the government. In the following elections Degel HaTorah ran in the framework of United Torah Judaism. Ahead of the elections for the 14th and 15th Knesset, the joint faction split so that each party can enjoy separate campaign financing.

The two parties united in 1992 ahead of the elections and ever since then have been running for office in the framework of the joint list. In light of representation considerations for different leading rabbis, party figures tend to rotate.

Both parties have their own spiritual leadership: Degel HaTorah adheres to Rabbi Yosef Sholom Elyashiv, while Agudath Israel obeys Rabbi Yaakov Aryeh Alter, Rebbe of Gerrer. Both parties have a higher rabbinical council (Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah), but the two councils rarely confer.
Main platform:

* The party believes that the Jewish faith is the cohesive factor of the people in Israel; the education system in Israel must teach the Jewish faith, its principles and doctrines; the party will form, maintain and invest in yeshivas, seminaries and religious schools; and will ensure the government's support and funding for these establishments.

* Israel is the Jewish people's state by divine right; recognizing the need for regional peace, the party will support any effort to achieve such peace. The party will act to reduce taxation; preserve the environment and encourage various financial investments; as well as the participation in the workforce and national financial growth; reduce inflation and increase families' social rights.

* United Torah Judaism believes in the sanctity of Shabbat and will fight against the deterioration of the secular-religious statue-quo, and will continue to demand the Shabbat be enforced by objecting to any labor or commerce on Shabbat or Jewish holy days. The party will support the implementation of a five-day workweek as part of its efforts to protect the sanctity of Shabbat.

* The party negates the existence of both the Conservative and Reform Movements, believing they contribute to the spiritual destruction of the Jewish people by assisting their assimilation.

* United Torah Judaism will work to rehabilitate the rabbinical courts' authority in all matters pertaining to family law; and will fight any civil marriage initiative. The party will fight secular coercion, which is eating away at Israeli Jewish character; and will fight against the performance of autopsies or organ transplants without rabbinical authorization.

* The parties will fight the drafting of women to military or national service of any kind, both in the religious and the secular sectors. The parties believe there is no real need to draft women into military service.

It seems they are not very Zionistic and it seems they are willing to make peace at any cost. This may be why I have heard negative things about UTJ.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 01:33:20 AM »
Up until 1990, I would have supported Kach.  Now that there is no Kach, I will only support Hayamin.  Since Hayamin is not on the ticket YET, I don't support any of the existing Israeli parties.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 04:34:03 AM »
I am not Israeli. If I could vote.... Likud.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:14:43 AM »
I am not Israeli. If I could vote.... Likud.

I think me too.

But if Chaim would be a canidate, I would vote only for him.  :)

P.S.: I noticed that lots of groups and parties in this list are totally insane. The  members of this groups belong imo in the mental asylum and not in a parliament.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:44 AM »
From reading their platforms, on the link provided:

The United Arab List, Balad, and Hadash, are outright enemies of the state of Israel, wtf are they doing existing as political parties in Israel at all!?   >:(

Exactly, they should be banned.  And it was criminal to ban Kach.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 05:36:57 AM »
Chayil and Baruch Marzel.

Although Chayil is not on the list, and Chaim had a falling out with Baruch, it is still the party that can be most trusted to never surrender an inch of Jewish land, and is closest to the Kahanist ideology.

I hope Chayil tries again, and succeeds this time.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »
Since pretty much all of these parties support the idea of a "Pal" state, the most right wing group would  be terribly dangerous...

So I'm at a loss..I would rather just party it up.

and pray that Gd prevents them from making evil decisions that kill innocent Jews.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:17:21 AM »
Israel Political Parties, their History, Platform and Past

http://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-5128,00.html

Kadima
Likud
Labor
Shas
Yisrael Beiteinu
Meretz
National Union-NRP
United Torah Judaism
Hadash
United Arab List
Balad
Green Party

I don't know why you're still here..

After all your anti-religious posts, this one isn't anti religious, it's just the most stupid ignorant post yet.

But your continuous anti-religious posts should have had you banned.