Author Topic: Rabbi Lazer Brody Forsees American Holocaust  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rabbi Lazer Brody Forsees American Holocaust
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
<snip snip>
i am very sensitive to anti-semitism because when the goyem find out you're Jewish, look out.  you can see it in their eyes because they study us.  that's how they find out we are Jewish.  we don't walk around shouting it.  it's all subtle, hateful, dangerous and insidious.

Shalom Jaime,

I dont know about anyone else but I actually do go around shouting that I am Jewish. I have 'come out' and am openly Jewish every day, at work and out in the grocery market. I wear my kippah and my tzittzits and I am not ashamed. And thank Hashem I have not noticed the anti-semitism first hand. I work with people from all around the world. I know that some of my Indian and Chinese friends are often interested in learning about what Judaism is about.

It is true we must ALWAYS be on the lookout for antisemitism. I have a very low threshold for accepting people who hate me for my beliefs and my family ethnicity. This is why I am openly Jewish. In some parts of the country it is cool to embrace your heritage. Indians are embracing theirs, Chinese are embracing theirs, everyone is able to do what makes them who they are. I am Jewish and I am proud of it. I will not allow antisemites to affect the things I do and believe.

Shana Tova!

Be strong! Be proud! Be ready to fight back!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
Muman, I think your approach is the correct one. If every Jew in the world fearlessly and boldly lived out their Judaism, unapologetically, there's a good chance there wouldn't have been a Shoah.

CF, it's more than that...You can't just sit there and be proud to be a Jew...you have to do the do of a Jew and be proud of it and strong about it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
<snip snip>
i am very sensitive to anti-semitism because when the goyem find out you're Jewish, look out.  you can see it in their eyes because they study us.  that's how they find out we are Jewish.  we don't walk around shouting it.  it's all subtle, hateful, dangerous and insidious.

Shalom Jaime,

I dont know about anyone else but I actually do go around shouting that I am Jewish. I have 'come out' and am openly Jewish every day, at work and out in the grocery market. I wear my kippah and my tzittzits and I am not ashamed. And thank Hashem I have not noticed the anti-semitism first hand. I work with people from all around the world. I know that some of my Indian and Chinese friends are often interested in learning about what Judaism is about.

It is true we must ALWAYS be on the lookout for antisemitism. I have a very low threshold for accepting people who hate me for my beliefs and my family ethnicity. This is why I am openly Jewish. In some parts of the country it is cool to embrace your heritage. Indians are embracing theirs, Chinese are embracing theirs, everyone is able to do what makes them who they are. I am Jewish and I am proud of it. I will not allow antisemites to affect the things I do and believe.

Shana Tova!

That is the right thing to do. And even though logically the "other way" might make more sense, in reality it doesn't work, and when we show that we are proud to be Jews and do Mitzvot, the world has Yirah on us. I mean even muslims (and your worst enemies) will respect you.
 It is also linked to Tefillin, when we wear it "IN our head- meaning not only wear them on the outside, but wear them and have an inner connection to Tefillin- it says that all the creations have fear of you.
 That means that an anti-semite wont say "Hey Jew to you" or something like that, they might want to, but they aren't given "permission" from G-d to do so. Instead of you they might go to another Jew (one who doesn't acquire this Yirah, and do it to him. Also the more Yirah you get things like dogs dont bark at you, etc.
  This is also connected to free will in that, yes the anti-semite might want to do something bad to you, BUT why should you suffer if you do not deserve it?- So simply G-d will not allow them, or will not put you 2 together in order for it not to occur. Same thing with a thief- if one has to loose $ for whatever reason, and their is a thief who on his own free will steals- then G-d can put these 2 individuals together. And if person A doesn't have to loose $, then G-d wont allow the thief to be successful, or to go after him, he can simply be stopped, or be directed towards someone else.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/