Author Topic: Italian Groups to Protest Spike Lee's New WWII Film  (Read 2319 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: Italian Groups to Protest Spike Lee's New WWII Film
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
Chairman Lee is doing well with his revisionist distortions similarly to Speilberg who screwed up the movie "Munich" so much so the author George Johnas condemned him.  I'm sure that there were blacks that fought in WW2, similarly to the Civil War.  I'm sure that there were a few heroes amongst them but when presenting their history, like the book "Roots", seems to be highly distorted with a base pushing of a socio-political agenda...

I will not watch this film.  Apparently it is bombing at the box office... :::D
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:29 AM »
  I AM GLAD IT SUCKED.    :P  :fireworks: :jump: ;) :yuck: :dance:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »
  I AM GLAD IT SUCKED.    :P  :fireworks: :jump: ;) :yuck: :dance:
:yuck: :nuke:

I plan on seeing the one with Dicaprio

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
Spike fired back
I would not allow anybody to tell me how to make a film, be it a partisan or the president of the United States," Lee told a news conference in Florence on Wednesday after a preview screening, according to Italian media.

"This simply shows that in Italy the wound is still open. ... It is up to Italians to come to grips with their past, not up to me or James McBride or the film," he said.

For Spike Lee the partisans who 'hit and then ran away' were responsible for the Sant'Anna di Stazzema massacre,"
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20081001/122289041500.html

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
This animal should be ignored.
He is a has been.
The only way his films get attention are by being controversial.
The difference between Spike Lee and the average spider monkey...the monkey doesn't wear glasses.

May Spike Lee live a long life...and never make another successful film again.  Boycott Spike Lee films even if you can watch them free.  I think one of his DVDs would make a good frisbee for the dog.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.