Author Topic: Please give me examples of how the media has been unfair to Palin!  (Read 405 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
My leftist cousin and I agreed to debate this election this weekend.  Part of my claim is that the media has been unfair to Palin.  Can you guys give me specific examples of this?  My cousin is a prominent member of her community and people listen to her.  Convincing her may help McCain get votes.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: Please give me examples of how the media has been unfair to Palin!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
Have them watch the ABC Charles Gibson interview with Palin where he asks unanswerable questions and then watch the Obama interview where he fawns over him. 
Watch the George Stephanopoulos interview where Obama says, "my Muslim faith" and George corrects him and says, "my Christian faith" instead of questioning him on it further.  That would be a major issue if it was Palin.

Saturday Night Live has never done a scit about Obama but they have made Palin a regular fixture of the show to ridicule her. 

All the night time shows, Jimmy Kimmel, Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Leno all make countless jabs at Palin and very seldomly make a joke about Obama.  They slam McCain and Palin and will never say anything about Obama that is actually taken as a serious criticism.
They will also ask every actor or musicians opinion about Obama and Palin knowing what the response will be as they rehearse these conversations before the show. 

AP has endless articles questioning Palin's knowledge on foreign affairs while they wouldn't even bring up the question when Obama went on his foreign tour.  They make jokes about Palin's comment that Alaska is close to Russia and you can see Russia from parts of Alaska.  The media has framed this as a dumb comment but Palin was just trying to point out how much contact and business Alaska and Russia have and was trying to personalize it.  The media and the left have used the tactic of calling theri opposition stupid in every campagin from Nixon to today.  They said Reagan was stupid and GWB senior was stupid.  Luckily it's a stupid tactic that has failed time and again.