Author Topic: Zionist?!  (Read 1344 times)

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
Zionist?!
« on: October 15, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
Can someone explain me what that means?My thinking is Jewish nationalist am i right?
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Zionist?!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:55:32 AM »
Can someone explain me what that means?My thinking is Jewish nationalist am i right?
Yes but not as extreme it means that Jews haver a right to home zion is a hill in Jerusalem
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:59:27 AM »
Zionism is Jewish nationalism with a destination.

Just Jewish nationalism could conceivably mean a Jewish national movement in any one of the many countries where Jews live.

Zionism means a movement for rebirth of the Jewish nation in their historic and national homeland, Israel.

Most nationalisms consist of getting independence for people in a place where they already live.

What made Zionism so difficult to acheive is the fact that to acheive it's goals it had to both, fight the empires that controlled the Jewish historic homeland and also move hundreds of thousands if not millions of people from many different countries to one country.

Not a very easy thing to do.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:16:46 AM »
But why everyone in left try to use this as bad word?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
It is more PC to blame the Zionist rather than the Jews.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
I basically see it this way:  There are two basic types of Zionism.  There is religious Zionism, which came about as Jews were driven from their homeland by the Romans in 70 ce. Jews felt that they had to return to the land that they came from, just as the bible prophecized.  Then there is modern political Zionism which developed from Theodore Herzl in the late 19th century.  Bascially, Herzl saw that Jews had no future living as strangers among the Gentile nations, and that for SAFETY reasons, Jews should go back to their homeland.

To me, there is tremendous validity in both types of Zionism, and even though I believe in the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy, I think Herzl was right on the money in his grim assessment of the Jews' place among the nations.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »

According to the left all nationalism IS racism. Except if it is African or Arab nationalism, of course.

Also, you get attacked less if you say "I disagree with Zionism" than to say "I think that Jews don't deserve sovereignty of any kind. And I hope that the 2000 years they spent as a powerless minority scattered all over the world continues forever." Which is exactly what Anti-Zionists beleive.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:10:49 PM »

The left hates Israel, just like the left hates Serbia.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
A Zionist is any person, regardless of religion or background, who believes Jews have a right to a national homeland in Israel. The left uses it as a dirty word because Israel is the most hated of all nations in its eyes (along with Serbia).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
I am a proud religious Zionist. Every day in my prayers I remember and mourn for the destruction of our holy temple and ask Hashem to bring Moshiach and to re-establish the Temple service. This, to me, is the true meaning of Zionism. The word Zion is used in the prayers to refer to the Jewish homeland in Israel. We are the children of Zion.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 07:34:57 PM »
Thank you all for the enlightenment.