Author Topic: No wonder McCain didn't want Khalidi tape released  (Read 916 times)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
No wonder McCain didn't want Khalidi tape released
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:49:01 AM »
John McCain, acting as chairman of the International Republican Institute in the 90's, gave a $500,000 grant to the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, which Khalidi co-founded.

http://www.jewcy.com/post/la_times_should_release_khalidi_video

why is this forgotten about?  

According to the Times' description of the piece it ran six months ago, "speakers expressed anger at Israel and at U.S. foreign policy, but that Obama in his comments called for finding common ground." Note: what does "finding common ground" mean exactly Pres. Elect Obama?  Nothing especially shocking in that, one might think. So why can't we all see what's on the tape? [this last comment i think is the journalist who wrote the piece.]

The newspaper's intransigence had led many on the right to presume that Obama sat in silence or approval as the worst type of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic rhetoric was loosed in his presence. Therefore, goes this logic, he's a covert sympathizer with the PLO who's just waiting to get elected before he invites AIPAC and American Jewry to join Jeremiah Wright and his white grandmother under what has got be the most merciless bus since Speed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: No wonder McCain didn't want Khalidi tape released
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:53:12 AM »
Hi Jamie,

I believe the Obamanuts revealed this last week... I already heard about it. The difference between McCains foundation giving money to this organization and Obama sitting and listening to Khalidi bash Israel. Obama also allegedly makes some anti-Israel comments himself on this tape.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »
i saw your comments about Obama sitting there making comments himself.  i circulated those.

don't you find it odd that McCain donated $500K to Khalidi's foundation?  I did not see the thread.  sorry to drag up old news again.

i do not want to simply forget about that tape.  for the next  4 yrs., pressure should be put on the L.A. Times to release the tape.  Since Obama was elected and he feels he has nothing to hide, why not release the tape?  i say keep the pressure on. 

what are we to make of it that McCain donated $500K to Khalid's foundation?  does this mean McCain has ties to terrorist organizations as well?or, are we so naive to believe McCain donated money to Khalidi because he teaches Middle Eastern studies at Columbia.  I thought I heard someone say he was fired from Columbia.  He's still there at his cushy job, isn't he?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:29:54 AM by jaime »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »
Mccain's donation was SPECIFICALLY for public opinion polls in the Oslo period.   Granted I wouldn't defend any donations to that scum Khalidi, but this isn't so horrible like Obama palling around with him and sitting there for Israel bashing...   The US govt and Israeli govt at that point (Oslo accords) changed the definition of the PLO from terrorist to "peace partner" overnight.   At this point they were "legitimized" although we in JTF and the  Jews in Israel know the truth that they are still terrorists, as the evidence showed and still shows.   But EVERY mainstream US politician including Bush has supported the PLO, led by either Arafat or Abbas.    Post Oslo the whole world turned upside down.   And even still, Mccain's money was for the express purpose of public opinion polls - this was critical for the Oslo process to see how people were reacting to it and if "peace" was really possible (obviously not).    Mccain wasn't endorsing any kind of Israel bashing with that donation.    I also question the source (huffington post, I believe) which is dishonest...