Author Topic: The oldest computer of the world is rebuild - 2000 years old greek machine  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
2000-year-old computer recreated

A working model of an ancient computer was recently recreated in London.

:)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The oldest computer of the world is rebuild - 2000 years old greek machine
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
I remember hearing about this on national geographic.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
Yes, thats quite amazing.  Its amazing how advanced Greco-Roman technology was.   I wouldnt be surprised if they find the remains of an old TV set in Athens somewhere.  HAHAHA

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
Yes, thats quite amazing.  Its amazing how advanced Greco-Roman technology was.   I wouldnt be surprised if they find the remains of an old TV set in Athens somewhere.  HAHAHA

The Greeks and Romans were a very violent and immoral people. We are celebrating Channukah next week during which time we revel in our victory over the pagan Greeks and Hellenists. For such technologically advanced peoples they were very crude when it comes to spirituality.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »

The Greeks and Romans were a very violent and immoral people. We are celebrating Channukah next week during which time we revel in our victory over the pagan Greeks and Hellenists. For such technologically advanced peoples they were very crude when it comes to spirituality.

The Nazis were the same way though, they invented some crazy stuff but were pretty evil.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

No question that they were spiritually pathetic.  But we owe our technological advances to them. 

As far as the Nazis... they had nothing to do with any technological achievement.  The German people were very advanced before 1933.  They had the highest literacy rate, and already had some of the top minds in the world.  The USA was fortunate to get many of the scientists that fled the Reich.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »

Where bee da African ansiant computaz!?!?!?!?!? Dontcha honkeez know Africa be da cradle of sivalazation and the mutha of all tecknology? Why you bee ignorin Africa's culteral acheevmentz?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »

Where bee da African ansiant computaz!?!?!?!?!? Dontcha honkeez know Africa be da cradle of sivalazation and the mutha of all tecknology? Why you bee ignorin Africa's culteral acheevmentz?

Africa did have cultural achievements and technological advances. The problem for the afrocentrists is that these advances were not made by blacks, they were made by North African Caucasians.  ;D

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »

Hey, the africans invented, the pointy stick, and the lip plate, the scar tattoo, jumping up and down to a drum beat, and some recipes for cow's blood soup.  :clap:
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »

Hey, the africans invented, the pointy stick, and the lip plate, the scar tattoo, jumping up and down to a drum beat, and some recipes for cow's blood soup.  :clap:
All of which are FAR superior to computers and neuroscience!  ;D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »

All of which are FAR superior to computers and neuroscience!  ;D

They are the most advanced when it comes to building doodoo huts

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 08:54:13 PM »

What about jet technology and rocket technology?

No question that they were spiritually pathetic.  But we owe our technological advances to them. 

As far as the Nazis... they had nothing to do with any technological achievement.  The German people were very advanced before 1933.  They had the highest literacy rate, and already had some of the top minds in the world.  The USA was fortunate to get many of the scientists that fled the Reich.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
Wye you be dissen da black man's kontrybushyuns to sience, dumb cracka? DONT YEW HONKEES AND JOOS SEE DAT AFRICA IS DA WOMB OF ALL SIENCE AND KULTURE! :yuck:

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »

The Nazis were the same way though, they invented some crazy stuff but were pretty evil.
I dont think anyone should be compared to the nazis. Scum! Barbarians.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:14:09 PM »

Oh cummon!!! What about Female circumcision???   And the Neck Coil??

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
The djembe and the banjo as well.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »
2000-year-old computer recreated

A working model of an ancient computer was recently recreated in London.

:)

I would be hesitant to refer to anything as the oldest computer.

One would have to define computer first. 

Thermometers were quite a recent invention, but they are referred to as an analogue computer.  They take input, process it, and give output.