Poll

What is the true objective of the kapos Holemert and Bara[c]k in the Gaza Strip war?

They really want to defeat terror in Gaza.
0 (0%)
They truly want to defeat Hamas for good, so that they install Fatah.
1 (14.3%)
They want to temporarily harm Hamas.
2 (28.6%)
They intentionally want to lose a war to Hamas, so that they can tell the Israeli public that victory is impossible, and appeasement is the only answer, just like with Hezbollah in 2006.
2 (28.6%)
Other
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Israel's Motives in Gaza War  (Read 647 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Poll: Israel's Motives in Gaza War
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »
JTFers, what do you think the point of Olmert's war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip is? I definitely do not think they really want to defeat terror in Gaza, but have to list all options so you guys can vote and speak your mind.

I think the evidence shows that Olmert and Barack do not want to win, even against only Hamas:

--Already Israel has more or less halted the air raids.
--Israel is now allowing 100 trucks' worth of supplies to Gaza per day.
--The vast majority of targets selected for airstrikes were long-abandoned empty buildings, just like in Sharon's 2002 Jenin "offensive".
--Israel is likely negotiating with Hamas as we speak.

I agree with DownwithIslam's assessment, and differ with Chaim on this one. I think that the most likely explanation for what the Kadima government of Olmert, Bara[c]k, and Livni is trying to do is lose a major war against Israel's enemies on purpose, so that then they can go before the public saying that they cannot defeat Israel's enemies and must negotiate with them for peace. Here is what I predict will follow:

--After a few days or weeks, and possibly dozens of dead Israeli soldiers and civilians, Olmert will declare the war over and a "complete success".
--Of course, he will not fool anybody, and shortly thereafter, will address the nation by saying that a "military solution is impossible", that peace must be achieved through negotiation and "tough choices", and that Israelis must acknowledge that Hamas is here to say, and a "partner in peace".
--Israel will begin openly negotiating with Hamas leaders.
--Israel will end all sanctions against Gaza, and will increase aid to it.
--Soon, a Hamas "peacekeeping force" will be announced, and hundreds of thousands of small arms will be sent to the new Hamas "peace enforcers" like the Labor governments of the 90s did with the PLO during and after Oslo.
--The border between Gaza and Israel will be opened; Gazan Arabs will be given full Israeli citizenship and will be allowed to travel anywhere.
--Thousands of Arab terrorists will be freed, and currently wanted ones will be given amnesty.
--The final process of surrendering the rest of Judea and Samaria and the Golan will begin.

If you doubt this, 20 years ago most of us would have doubted that Oslo could have ever happened, too.

Chaimfan
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:56:30 PM by C.F. »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Poll: Israel's Motives in Gaza War
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
I voted that they intentionally want to loose the war. Barak's constituency which consists of self hating swine will view him as a hero if he looses the war.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
Barak's constituency which consists of self hating swine will view him as a hero if he looses the war.
Bara[c]k's constituency loves swine. These are the "Jews" who are deadset against anyone who would interfere with their "right" to eat pork on Shabbat.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 01:27:58 AM »
I put other.    Because this is just an election year stunt by Kadima to show they're tough and to beat back Labor and Likud.

I think that it may work, unfortunately.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 02:17:05 AM »
I do think they want to harm Hamas.  The problem is, they don't seem to want to defeat them. ???