Author Topic: Top Irish University awards top honors to Fisk  (Read 856 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Top Irish University awards top honors to Fisk
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:14:12 PM »
This makes me laugh the Republc of Ireland was the only country to send condolences to Germany upon Mr.Adolph Hitlers death  

Trinity College awards harsh Israel critic

January 8, 2009

DUBLIN (JTA) -- An Irish college awarded one of Israel's harshest critics with its historical society’s gold medal for "outstanding contribution to public discourse."

Middle East pundit Robert Fisk, whose columns are carried by Ireland’s most widely read daily newspaper, the Irish Independent, used his acceptance speech at Trinity College to condemn Israel’s operation in Gaza as “grotesque.” He suggested that the Israeli point of view in the Middle East conflict should be treated with the same respect as the Nazi position after the liberation of the concentration camps following World War II.

The award came as the Irish media erupted in outrage over reports of civilian deaths at a United Nations-run school in Gaza, prompted in part by the angry reaction of the Irish head of UNRWA in Gaza, John Ging. Ireland’s foreign minister, Micheal Martin, who has condemned the Israeli government on several occasions since the fighting started in Gaza, said he was “appalled” by the incident.

Meanwhile, hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists marched on the Israeli Embassy in Dublin in one of several protests planned for cities around the country in the coming days.

The Israeli ambassador to Ireland, Zion Evrony, will be meeting with members of the Irish Jewish community Thursday night to discuss media reaction to the Gaza operation. 

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/01/08/1002069/trinity-college-awards-israel-critic
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Top Irish University awards top honors to Fisk
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hyde-and-de-valera-offered-condolences-on-hitlers-death-228426.html 

Hyde (and de Valera) offered condolences on Hitler's death

National News Home
Search Query: Independent.ie Web Search

Saturday December 31 2005
PRESIDENT Douglas Hyde offered condolences to Nazi Germany's representative in Dublin over the death of Hitler, newly declassified records show.

Until now, historians had believed that the then Taoiseach Eamon de Valera was the only leader to convey official condolences to Eduard Hempel, director of the German diplomatic corps in Ireland.

De Valera's gesture - unique among leaders of neutral nations in the final weeks of World War II - was criticised worldwide.

The presidential protocol record for 1938-1957, made public this week, shed new light on the embarrassing episode and the decision to maintain cordial relations with the Nazis even after news of the Holocaust emerged.

The new document confirmed that President Hyde visited Hempel on May 3, 1945, a day after Ireland received reports of Hitler's death.

It says Hyde - who served as Head of State from 1938 to 1945, and died in 1949 - visited Hempel at the diplomat's home in Dun Laoghaire.

It says the president did not send an official letter of condolence because Berlin was under siege "and no successor (to Hitler) had been appointed.".

De Valera argued that to refuse condolences "would have been an act of unpardonable discourtesy to the German nation and to Dr Hempel. During the whole of the war, Dr Hempel's conduct was irreproachable. ... I certainly was not going to add to his humiliation in the hour of defeat."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
MORD:  For goodness sake, why do you use these first names forcing people to become on first term names with these people.

FINE, for sarah palin. Every time you said Sarah , instead of thinking Avraham's wife Sarah.  I see your nick and I know you mean Sarah Palin.
If you succeed then reading the bible would never be the same

But doing this for some slime like Robert Fisk. That's ridiculous

He is not a name people should remember. Nobody knows him as Fisk because he's a nobody.

I happen to know who he is because being a british jew that used to read newspapers on israel a bit, am familiar with names of some anti-israel british journalists. A more correct heading would have been that they give award to anti-israel journalist.  Worse than that would be saying Robert Fisk. But don't train peoples' memories to remember the damn name. That's ridiculous.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
MORD:  For goodness sake, why do you use these first names forcing people to become on first term names with these people.

FINE, for sarah palin. Every time you said Sarah , instead of thinking Avraham's wife Sarah.  I see your nick and I know you mean Sarah Palin.
If you succeed then reading the bible would never be the same

But doing this for some slime like Robert Fisk. That's ridiculous

He is not a name people should remember. Nobody knows him as Fisk because he's a nobody.

I happen to know who he is because being a british jew that used to read newspapers on israel a bit, am familiar with names of some anti-israel british journalists. A more correct heading would have been that they give award to anti-israel journalist.  Worse than that would be saying Robert Fisk. But don't train peoples' memories to remember the damn name. That's ridiculous.
Your right but  the posters should be aware when they see an article by this low life to be aware he's just a propagandist

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
<snip>
Your right but  the posters should be aware when they see an article by this low life to be aware he's just a propagandist

he isn't really well known, chances are they would not hear of him or read him.
And if they did then they'd find out straight away , these kinds of people compare jews to nazis.  I can't and don't want to remember what his anti-israel extravaganza articles have been, articles that made the name memorable.  I intentionally forgot them.   I don't think your warning is that relevant..

You could maybe publish a list of anti-israel journalists.. But the list is endless.

Far easier for people just to know the -good- journalists and ignore others. That is what people do.  If I see an article about israel, I see it's not by a good name, so I look at the picture of the person and suspect they'll be   anti-israel.. Rarely it turns out that they're good.  That's how you don't get taken in.

you don't operate with a blacklist, you operate with a whitelist.

true, some journalists are particularly bad. But people don't need to be warned about Robert Fisk. If they read one of his articles, they will see straight away that he is extremely anti-israel.

And he writes for some anti-israel british paper - the independent - a paper  that had a picture of Ariel Sharon eating babies while dripping with blood!
British jews know that the whole newspapaer "the independent" is sickeningly anti-israel.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
The Irish make me sick. They by far are the most anti-Israel nation in Europe. All the booby trapped houses and tunnels in Gaza are all the work of IRA bombs and expertise. It is like 3rd and 4th generation Irish-Americans are from a different planet.

This makes me laugh the Republc of Ireland was the only country to send condolences to Germany upon Mr.Adolph Hitlers death

They also provided ratlines for the nazis to escape Europe after the war whilst barring Jewish refugees from entering. They are the only capital city in Europe to still contain a statue of a nazi sympathiser/collaborator, Sean Russell.

They ethnically cleansed the Jews of Limerick with only the Protestant minority providing support for the Jews.

I support the Ulster Loyalists/Protestants wholeheartedly.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:21:20 AM by AussieJTFer »