Author Topic: Joe 'the Plumber' Wurzelbacher in Israel  (Read 1086 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Joe 'the Plumber' Wurzelbacher in Israel
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3654472,00.html 

Joe the Plumber trades wrench for reporter's pad in Sderot

Samuel Wurzelbacher, aka 'Joe the Plumber' arrives in Israel to cover Gaza conflict on behalf of conservative US website. Rookie war reporter says he was embraced by Sderot people, slams mainstream US media for 'demonizing' Israel

News agencies
Published:    01.11.09, 22:46 / Israel News

The man known as Joe the Plumber has set aside his wrenches to become a rookie war reporter, covering Israel's side of military offensive in Gaza on behalf of the conservative US website pjtv.com.

Toledo-area resident Samuel Wurzelbacher became a household name when John McCain referenced him during the presidential campaign.

Standing in front of a pile of spent rockets Sunday, the rookie reporter said he had lots of questions but couldn't think of the right one.

However, he has plenty to say about his contempt for people who criticize Israel's attack on Gaza. The McCain supporter said he doesn't understand why the country didn't act sooner.

"Why hasn't Israel acted sooner?" Wurzelbacher asked. "I know if I were a citizen here, I'd be damned upset."

The people of Sderot "can't do normal things day to day" like get soap in their eyes in the shower, for fear of rockets, he said. "I'm sure they're taking quick showers," he said. "I know I would."

He described himself as a "peace loving man," but added, "when someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy. And if the rest of the world doesn't understand that, then I'm sorry."

Wurzelbacher, who underwent intense media scrutiny during the recent US presidential campaign, said he was enlisted to cover Israel because he's "an expert on media bias": "I was on the short end of the stick," like Israel is now, he said.

Wurzelbacher said the full story of Israel's campaign against Hamas is being passed over by the mainstream news outlets. He said the media is "demonizing Israel instead of recognizing it as the victim of Gaza militants," who have been incessantly firing thousands of rockets at its south.

Advertisement   

"It's asinine when someone is firing upon you and the world is coming down on you," he said. "Common sense has gone out the window. Hamas hides among its own people causing civilian casualties," he added. "But I hear no cry out from the international community."

Wurzelbacher said he's been "embraced" by the people of Israel because "they know I have no agenda but the truth."

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2009/01/09/cnn-meet-joe-the-plumber-pjtv-correspondent-lands-in-israel/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:34:28 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Joe 'the Plumber' Wurzelbacher in Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
There are some decent people out there.  The world is a crazy place, but not everyone is crazy, sick, or evil.
This could have a positive impact on Americans.  Joe is an average guy and that resonates with people.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
There are some decent people out there.  The world is a crazy place, but not everyone is crazy, sick, or evil.
This could have a positive impact on Americans.  Joe is an average guy and that resonates with people.

average people don't hire publicists.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »

Considering what he's gone through with the media, he'd be retarded not to get a publicist.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »

Considering what he's gone through with the media, he'd be retarded not to get a publicist.

I guess him launching a country music career also occured because of what the media did to him?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
if he runs his own business, and is as successful as he described in his conversation with Obama, then he is not the average joe.

he may be what the average joe wishes he was!

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
if he runs his own business, and is as successful as he described in his conversation with Obama, then he is not the average joe.

he may be what the average joe wishes he was!

his own business was just him going around doing plumbing work.  If he was so successful at that, he woudn't be milking his 15 minutes for all they are worth.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »

You're missing the point.  You're right, he's not an average guy, but it doesn't matter.  My point is that he is PERCEIVED to be an average guy.  That's what will resonate with Americans.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
I'm just thrilled to read what he said in his defense of Israel.  I'd vote for him in a second without knowing anything more about him.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »
I'm just thrilled to read what he said in his defense of Israel.  I'd vote for him in a second without knowing anything more about him.

that's never a good idea.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »

that's never a good idea.
My point is that, if you publicly defend Israel's fight for survival, then you stand heads above many other politicians and it most likely shows great common sense in other areas as well.  Let's put it another way:  Imagine if he said that Israel should stop defending itself?  What would that say about a person?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »
 I have great respect for " Joe the Plumber".      One thing that I hope he avoids in the future though is calling these Gaza savages,  " militants".     They are TERRORISTS!     The term " militants"  helps legitimize them.     Not surprisingly,   the left wing media usually refers to them as "militants".
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 01:36:48 AM »

You're missing the point.  You're right, he's not an average guy, but it doesn't matter.  My point is that he is PERCEIVED to be an average guy.  That's what will resonate with Americans.

what made you change your mind..

one moment he's an average guy(you wrote that in bold), then you very clearly and explicitly say he's not an average guy

are you intentionally deceiving people ?
i.e. you think it's good for people to think he is an average guy, so you spread the idea that he is. You really made that obvious!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 01:43:09 AM »
Baruch Hashem. May Samuel Wurzelbacher have a long life.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 01:51:28 AM »
Listen, before that presidential debate, he was the average guy. He is still the average guy, but with the national media shoved down his throat. Some people don't know how to handle that, but he is actually very clever about it and frankly, I believe this will turn into much more than 15 minutes of fame. G-d Bless him for what he's doing to support Israel.