Author Topic: Obama's Kenyan half-brother detained over drugs  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Obama's Kenyan half-brother detained over drugs
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:42:23 AM »
Obama's Kenyan half-brother detained over drugs

By Andrew Cawthorne

NAIROBI (Reuters) - A Kenyan half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama said on Sunday he was briefly arrested at his home in a slum on suspicion of drugs' possession.

"I think it was a misunderstanding. I do not do drugs," George Hussein Obama, 27, told Reuters from Nairobi's Huruma slum, where he was picked up for a few hours on Saturday.

"They released me with no charge."

Local media quoted police saying Obama, who works as a mechanic, had been found with two rolls of marijuana.

Kenya's leading newspaper, the Nation, said he would be charged in court on Monday.

But Obama said that was untrue, and police officials refused to comment.

"I don't know what you are talking about," area police chief Jasper Ombati told Reuters, before hanging up the phone.

George Obama hardly knows his brother, the first black president of the United States, who is hero-worshipped in Kenya due to his ancestral roots.

During the U.S. election campaign, some right-wing U.S. commentators said the lowly circumstances of George Obama showed Barack Obama's double standards. But George Obama said at the time he was happy with his life and his case had been exaggerated for political ends.

In his memoirs, "Dreams From My Father," Barack Obama recalls meeting George Obama briefly on a visit to Kenya when the latter was a boy at a school in Nairobi.

"I am very tired of all this," George Obama said on Sunday, of the media fuss over his family links.

(Additional reporting by Wangui Kanina; Editing by Dominic Evans)

Source:
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama's Kenyan half-brother detained over drugs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »
Somebody said on another blog that they to remove him, so that he cannot serve as a plaintiff in a suit to demand to see Baraka's birth certificate (supposedly, a relative has standing to do so).

Another thing somebody mentioned: Sarah Obama, the Kenyan grandmother, has not been heard of since the inauguration. Has she disappeared or has she simply been silenced?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »
This guy is not going to have a moments peace from here on. He had better get use to all sorts of strange garbage popping up when it comes to his half brother the so called P.O.T.U.S. As far a grandma I don't think Obango wants her anywhere near the press. Also I am sure there is a security detail keeping an eye on the family back on the old sod seeing that it could be a potential security risk. That fact above all others seems to make the story about drugs a bit out of the question.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:55 AM »
Why would he sue Obama unless he was bribed? Then if he was bribed the lawsuit could be thrown out. So I don't see Obama's brother as being a viable option here.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Why would he sue Obama unless he was bribed? Then if he was bribed the lawsuit could be thrown out. So I don't see Obama's brother as being a viable option here.

He might do it for some reasons of his own, like publicity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »
I also think it all to be a publicity stunt. Some people find their own ways to be at the apex of their glories for few minutes.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
I want to know about his aunt if she got deported or not?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 05:37:52 PM »
The American people had to have been drugged or on drugs to vote for this man's brother.  Either that or the American people have reached a new low in stupidity.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »
The American people had to have been drugged or on drugs to vote for this man's brother.  Either that or the American people have reached a new low in stupidity.

They must have been. I'm sure this is far from the last of what we will hear about Obama's fine relatives.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

Hey, Im on perscription meds and I didn't vote for Obama, as a matter of fact I worked damn hard to prevent this man from becoming president. I don't blame the president on drugs... Good theory though...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 06:41:57 PM »

Hey, Im on perscription meds and I didn't vote for Obama, as a matter of fact I worked damn hard to prevent this man from becoming president. I don't blame the president on drugs... Good theory though...

In one sense the American people were drugged, though not with a chemical. They were brainwashed into being self-hating from the time they were in kindergarten or preschool.