Author Topic: Obama replaced "Hail to the Chief" with ALGERIAN song  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Obama replaced "Hail to the Chief" with ALGERIAN song
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:57:37 AM »
WHAT THE &*()%&*#@ IS THIS JIHADI IN THE WHITE HOUSE DOING?!?!
He will DESTROY THE WORLD.

"DESERT ROSE" sung by leftist Sting AND Algerian Cheb Mami
watch and listen here

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/02/02/informality-excess-obama-replacing-hail-chief-stings-desert-rose
Informality Excess: Obama Replacing 'Hail to the Chief' With Sting's 'Desert Rose'?
By Tim Graham (Bio | Archive)
February 2, 2009 - 11:26 ET

Veteran CBS Radio White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports that President Obama is relaxing more than the dress code at the presidential mansion. Pomp is giving way to piano-bar pop:

On Day One of his presidency, everywhere Mr. Obama went they played "Hail to the Chief" for him – but not since. In fact the U.S. Marine Band's duties at the White House over the last 10 days appear to have been dramatically downsized.

Instead of the usual contingent of trumpets, tubas and drums, a single piano player now provides musical interludes before and after the president's appearance.

And the tunes have little connection to the military marching music of John Phillips Souza [sic] that is the usual accompaniment to presidential appearances. These days the pianist's repertoire includes Cole Porter's "Night and Day" and Sting’s "Desert Rose."

"He's not a 'Pomp and Circumstance' kind of guy," says press secretary Robert Gibbs of the new president.

To many Americans, this excessive informality suggests a real distaste for "official" or "patriotic" music, not to mention the Marine band that plays it.

This issue is light enough that Matt Lauer could have asked about it yesterday during his fluffy pre-Super Bowl interview. Will the rest of the media inquire about this musical flag-pin controversy?

At this rate, why doesn't he just put his i-Pod in a speaker and hit "Shuffle"?

And regarding the Algerian singer Cheb Mami, not only was he in the Algerian military...
Cheb Mami is currently under an international arrest warrant after being indicted in October 2006 for "voluntary violence, sequestration and threats" against an ex-girlfriend, and failing to answer a court summons on May 14, 2007. He is accused of having tried to force his former girlfriend, a magazine photographer, to have an abortion. During a trip to Algeria in the summer of 2005, the alleged victim is said to have been locked in a house belonging to one of Mami's friends, where an abortive procedure was attempted on her. Back in France, however, she realised the foetus was still alive and decided not to abort. Mami has reportedly accused his manager of organising the abortion plan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheb_Mami
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:32:09 AM by xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama replaced "Hail to the Chief" with ALGERIAN song
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:58 AM »
The lyrics:
DESERT ROSE

Transliteration / ترجمة صوتيه

Layli ya layli ya
Hadi muda tweela
Wana nh'awis ana wa'la ghzalti
Wana nh'awis ana wa'la ghzalti
Wana nh'awis ana wa'la ghzali

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in vain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire
This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this
And as she turns
This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
This fire burns
I realize that nothing's as it seems
I dream of rain
I wake in vain
I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes
This rare perfume is the sweet intoxication of her love

Aman aman aman

I dream of rain
I wake in vain

Omri feek entiya
Ma gheer entiya
Ma gheer entiya

Sweet desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this
Sweet desert rose
This memory of Eden haunts us all
This desert flower
This rare perfume, is the sweet intoxication of the fall

Ya lili ah ya leel

English Translation / ترجمة إنجليزية

Translation of Cheb Mami's part only

Oh night oh night

It's been too long

That I've been looking for my loved one

Peace peace

You have my life

No one other than you

No one other than you

My night, oh night

NIGHT AND DAY
by Cole Porter

Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
It's no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day, why is it so

That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic's boom
In the silence of my lonely room
I think of you
Day and night, night and day

Under the hide of me
There's an oh such a hungry yearning burning inside of me
And this torment won't be through
Until you let me spend my life making love to you
Day and night, night and day
aka Someone Else

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »
where is the source?

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:17:03 AM »
for what?
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 04:18:28 AM »

Watch Night and Day, which was written by Cole Porter for the 1932 musical play Gay Divorce.

What does this have to do with the presidency?  Don't ask me.
aka Someone Else

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:20:05 AM »
I knew what Obama was all about when he wouldn't wear the American flag pin on his lapel during the campaign.  When he gave his dumb reason for not wearing it, I knew exactly what he was thinking, which was, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that flag on my lapel."  So now even "Hail to the Chief" bothers him.  Isn't it funny that it didn't bother any of the other Presidents?  I have to pinch myself to believe that I'm not dreaming that the American people actually elected this poseur and made him President.  His distate for wearing the American flag pin and his distate for "Hail to the Chief" says it all as to his true feelings for this country.  

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 04:21:25 AM »
http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presidency/article/obama-relaxes-white-house-dress-code/323903

Obama Relaxes White House Dress Code
By Mark Knoller

CBS News

(this is just the relevant portion of the full article available at the link above)

It's long-standing tradition that just before the chief executive enters a room for a speech, he is announced: "Ladies and Gentlemen – the President of the United States," is the standard introduction spoken by a staff member of the White House Communications Agency.
But this morning when Mr. Obama entered the East Room to address an audience about the economy, there was no announcement. He just walked right in – announcing his own presence with a hearty "Hello, everybody – good to see ya."
On Day One of his presidency, everywhere Mr. Obama went they played "Hail to the Chief" for him – but not since. In fact the U.S. Marine Band's duties at the White House over the last 10 days appear to have been dramatically downsized.
Instead of the usual contingent of trumpets, tubas and drums, a single piano player now provides musical interludes before and after the president's appearance.
And the tunes have little connection to the military marching music of John Phillips Souza that is the usual accompaniment to presidential appearances. These days the pianist's repertoire includes Cole Porter's "Night and Day" and Sting’s "Desert Rose."
"He's not a 'Pomp and Circumstance' kind of guy," says press secretary Robert Gibbs of the new president.
And the changes in style are mild by comparison to the changes in policy he is beginning to implement.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:26:23 AM »
where is the source?

If you're talking about the Tim Graham article (to which I had included the title, author and date) I have now added a link to the source.
aka Someone Else

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 07:45:53 AM »
I like Cole Porter, but I also like Sousa.  Each one has its time and place.  Seems like the first thing Obama is doing to take us on the road to fascism is eliminating all tradition.  Watch, this trend will continue.  Bit by bit, everyone of the presidential, political, and societal traditions will be cast off.  Once America has completely lost its identity, it will be easy to renew it in Obama's image.  And the media will say each time he does this, "why are you making such a big deal over such a little thing?"

Mark my words.  Take stock of what resembles America today and come back in a year and see how things have changed.  It will happen slow enough that you won't notice it on a day to day basis, but look at it long term.  You'll see.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »
I think Obama is modeling himself after Hitler... he likes to wake up late, and wants everyone to know that he is 'cultured' and 'artsy'.

At any rate.. .this is all irrelevant.  Whats more relevant is his horrific policy.