Author Topic: Question regarding posting photos, cartoon, or other graphics  (Read 1092 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
   A question comes to mind.    How do you post a photo,  cartoon,  or other graphic on the JTF Forum?     I've noticed each of these on the Forum at times but never was aware of how to post them  ( in terms of the technique needed to post them.  ) on this Forum.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Question regarding posting photos, cartoon, or other graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
   A question comes to mind.    How do you post a photo,  cartoon,  or other graphic on the JTF Forum?     I've noticed each of these on the Forum at times but never was aware of how to post them  ( in terms of the technique needed to post them.  ) on this Forum.
Use the  PhotoBucket to host your photos. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »

You can upload small images by using 'Additional Options' just below the text entry box.. You will find a field called 'Attach' with a browse button. Hit the browse button and upload small {<128Kb} images.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »
cjd and muman613,    thanks for your input.     It's certainly appreciated.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
cjd and muman613,    thanks for your input.     It's certainly appreciated.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
Thank you for asking this question David! I too wondered how to do this! Thanks so much Muman and cjd for your help.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:26 AM »
I posted the above picture directly from the internet.  You don't necessarily have to use the method described above. 

This is what I posted in order for that picture to show:

[XimgX]http://www.israelmilitary.com/images/mossad.jpg[XimgX]

For the picture to show, the upper case X's must be removed.   In other words, before the "http:" letters you put "img" in brackets.  At the end of the link, which in this case ends in ".jpg", you put "/img" in brackets.

I hope I explained this clearly.  If you need further explanation, please don't hesitate to ask... because it can be confusing.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:16 AM »
I can't seem to get it to work for me :-( I am trying to post this picture in a new thread: (I keep getting  a box with a red x)
http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/arksis59/?action=view&current=Comingsoontoatheaternearyou.jpg
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:03:50 AM »
Okay, I see that I've confused you.  If you do it my way you get this:

But since that photo is already uploaded to photobucket, you wouldn't do it my way. 

See my next post.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 01:05:37 AM »
Okay, I got a red box too..... that's because there are certain sites where my method (the method) won't work.

You actually have to UPLOAD your picture (in this instance, from Photobucket) using the method described at the top of this thread.

See my next post.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »
Thanks so much for helping me Israel Forever, I am usually better at this and maybe I am just tired. It is way past my bedtime! I will come back tomorrow and figure this out...........thanks again for all your help! G'nite!
Meir Kahane

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 01:17:40 AM »
Okay, the problem here is that the "size" of that particular photo exceeds the size (in bytes) that this site allows for uploading pictures.

But this is how you would do it:

1.  Right click on the photo.

2.  Click on where it says "Save picture as...."

3.  A window will pop up.... click on "Save".   If you don't know where the picture is being saved, ask me.  You have to know this.

4.  On the bottom left of where I am typing now, you will see the words "Additional Options".  Click on that.

5.  You will see the word "Attach:"..... to the right of that is a blank rectangle... to the right of that is a button entitled "Browse".   Click on the word "Browse".   (You will now be taken into your computer where you will find the picture you saved to your computer using steps 1-3 above.  

6.  Find the picture and double click on it.  It will automatically appear in the blank rectangle (now it won't be blank) that's to the right of the word "Attach".

7.  Now you can type whatever you want in here, or type nothing at all..... then click on the "Post" button.  (or Preview button)

Try it again -- but with a smaller picture.  That 3 stooges picture is too large (as I mentioned).

If you need more help, just ask.  It's not easy if you've never done it before.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »
I had no problem with attaching the picture, but knew I couldn't because it was over 128kb in size. My problem is getting it from photobucket to here LOL I have a graphics program and I will resize it.  Thanks so much for all your patience with me!  ;D
Meir Kahane