Author Topic: great youtube video  (Read 470 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
great youtube video
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:55 AM »
Okay, I'm not usually prone to acts of sentimentality but I have to make an exception in this case.  I found this video rather inspiring.  Perhaps some of you have seen it.  The various versions of this video have been watched over 12 million times in the last week since it was posted.

Her name is Susan Boyle.  She is a rather plain, middle aged woman, who has lived as somewhat of a recluse.  Apparently she has spent much of her life caring for her ailing mother.  She went on the British reality show England's got Talent.  The audience was dismissive of her and even rude to some extent.  The judge Simon Cowell (also the judge for American Idol) asked her some preliminary questions, which she fumbled through.  And then she sang...

Everyone was stunned because she sang so beautifully.  It was a moving video not just because she sang so well, but because the audience became so taken with her.  People like to see and hear beauty.  It is one of the few nice things about people that they appreciate beautiful things.  Here is the video.  Enjoy.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: great youtube video
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:34:15 AM »
She is awesome! Awesome voice! Wish her all the best  :dance: