Author Topic: Cheney: US gained information from interrogations  (Read 478 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Cheney: US gained information from interrogations
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »
WASHINGTON – Former Vice President Dick Cheney says the U.S. government gained valuable intelligence from its aggressive interrogations of high-value detainees after the September 2001 terrorist attacks.

The government's methods are described in documents newly released by the Obama administration and have drawn new scrutiny over what might be appropriate treatment — or what might be construed as torture.

Many of the old interrogation methods — including so-called "water boarding" — have been banned. Waterboarding involves putting a person in the prone position and pouring water on a wet towel over his face to simulate drowning. Other tactics entail stripping a detainee naked, depriving him of sleep, physically striking him and putting a hood over his head.

But in an interview with Fox News Channel, Cheney said Monday that what hasn't been revealed publicly is what the U.S. gained as a result of these activities.

"I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country," Cheney said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_interrogations_cheney

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Cheney: US gained information from interrogations
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »
I am all for interrogation using any means necessary to gain information.

I don't care how it's done.
If it's waterboarding, sleep deprivation, light sensitivity, or anything else that provides vital information about terrorists and their intentions.

I really don't get what the big deal is.
When the Taliban or Al Qaeda abduct someone and cut off their head on video, that don't issue a warning or manual that states how and what they intend to do.
Or suicide bombers don't issue some indication of their plans that they are taking part in.

This is a bunch of garbage.
What I do know that since 9/11 the U.S.A. has been safe against terror attacks.
So, whatever methods the Bush Administration implemented against terrorism have kept U.S. soil safe.

Obama, his Administration, his supporters, and liberal loons are opening up a can of worms that should be permanently closed.