Author Topic: islam is now affecting videogames  (Read 516 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: islam is now affecting videogames
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
The morons that were offended wouldn't be buying it anyway so what is the deal? Even if they would have otherwise bought it but decided not to because of being offended, what have you gained by stopping production? Now no one can buy it. I bet the same hypocrites would be lined up to buy it if it were a game where you killed Jews, Christians, or members of the Bush adm. Even the anti-war crowd would be lined up buying a copy, for some reason most are only against wars if they begin with a conservative. I never heard any of them complain when Clinton was bombing aspirin factories or sending troops to be shot at without returning fire, or when they fought for the Muslims in Bosnia (I am not 100% sure on this one, I forgot). I am offended that they stopped production!!

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »
The company should continue manufacturing the game.
And, whoever doesn't like it doesn't have to buy it.

That's the power of being a consumer, if you don't like a particular good or service, you don't have to spend your dollar.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »
The company should continue manufacturing the game.
And, whoever doesn't like it doesn't have to buy it.

That's the power of being a consumer, if you don't like a particular good or service, you don't have to spend your dollar.

But it costs a lot of money to advertise, market, and ship these products. They must be sure that the game will fly off the shelf. I worked in the video game industry for almost 10 years and I know that the shelf life of a game is about 6 months. We used to work hard to make sure our games would be out in time for Christmas which is the best time for sales of videogames... I worked for JVCs video game division in the mid 90s...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14