Author Topic: Israel tries to woo foreign filmmakers  (Read 485 times)

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Israel tries to woo foreign filmmakers
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
Headline News
Monday, May 18, 2009 Israel Today Staff 

Israel tries to woo foreign filmmakers ;D

A day before the opening of the Cannes Film Festival, Israel's Industry & Trade Ministry on Monday announced a special tax break for foreign filmmakers that produce their pictures in the Jewish state.

According to the deal, foreign film producers will be granted a 20 percent tax break if they film in Israel and collaborate with Israeli production companies.

The government is testing several different avenues to boost Israel's economy amid the current global economic downturn. With Israel's beautiful and diverse landscapes and its advanced hi-tech infrastructure, high-end film production could be a perfect fit.  8)

I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Re: Israel tries to woo foreign filmmakers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
I think this is a creative idea...wish we could do things like this in America...better than taxing everyone poor!
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:36:49 PM »
I just hope the films made aren't anti-Israel films. That would be so ungrateful.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »
I just hope the films made aren't anti-Israel films. That would be so ungrateful.

I also hope that the films are not Hollywood bunk like has been churned out year after year... I would hate to see an Israeli counterpart for decadent Hollywood.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14