Author Topic: Land for peace, the fraud that keeps on giving.  (Read 383 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Land for peace, the fraud that keeps on giving.
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:42:40 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131734

Here is a perfect example of the absurdity of land for peace.  Sadly this lesson that when Israel trades land for promises it not only gives up something of value for something intangible, it never collects on what it is promised, is never learned.  Let's remember (I am one of those pain in the butt types who keeps bringing up the past as long as it is relevant) that in 1956 Israel was forced to give the Sinai back to Egypt.  In return the USA promised that it would never allow Egypt to threaten Israel from the Sinai.  In 1967 when Israel tried to collect on that promise the US State Department was unable to find the promise.

Today Hillary Rottne Clinton and Barack Hussain Obama are announcing they will not honor George Bush's promise that Israel would not have to return or uproot the settlement blocks of Gush Etzion and Maale Adumin.  I guess Israel should get Gaza back if the USA can simply forget what it was supposed to give.  I feel like a broken record (for those of us old enough to remember records) but Israel needs a used car salesman to teach the government how to negotiate.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.