Author Topic: Would Rush Limbaugh Be A Good Political Candidate?  (Read 2872 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Would Rush Limbaugh Be A Good Political Candidate?
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »
After seeing Al Franken become a U.S. Senator, it dawned on me that maybe  someone on the far right with celebrity should seek political office.  No doubt Limbaugh carries immense baggage, but he does have name recognition and no doubt the GOP would back him.  I am just curious your thoughts on this.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:44:17 AM by RanterMaximus »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Would Rush Limbaugh Be A Good Political Candidate?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:22:05 PM »
After seeing Al Franken become a U.S. Senator, it dawned on me that maybe a someone on the far right with celebrity should seek political office.  No doubt Limbaugh carries immense baggage, but it does have name recognition and no doubt the GOP would back him.  I am just curious your thoughts on this.
I think Limbaugh is past running for political office. He makes tons of money doing what he is doing and really has no one to answer to. He is very well known and more or less has as much influence and power as people voted into high office. He has said many times he has no interest in running for public office.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
I agree with cjd.
Rush has stated numerous times that he has no interest in running for office.
I think that Rush is more than satisfied with where he presently is.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
NO. He is an establishment GOP mouthpiece for Dubya, Big Oil, the auto industry, and pretty much every big corporation on the planet. Lo-ser.

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »
I also agree with cjd.  He is right where he wants to be, more the entertainer than the politician.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:31 AM »
Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Levin, Ingraham, O'Reilly, etc.  I think they all realize that their place is in commentary.  For any of them to run for office would show us all how vulnerable they really are.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:37:06 AM »
The only right-wing talk-show establishment figures I think would be something more than useless as leaders are G. Gordon Liddy and Ann Coulter. Liddy is too mild, polite, and gentlemanly IMO, and Coulter--despite being so unafraid of offending anyone--is really an entertainer with a schtick at heart.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:49:09 AM »
NO. He is an establishment GOP mouthpiece for Dubya, Big Oil, the auto industry, and pretty much every big corporation on the planet. Lo-ser.
No...... You might not agree with Limbaugh however the last thing you should call him is that. The man is presenting a point of view much like the liberal media presents their point of view. The man makes multi millions of dollars a year so someone has to be listening to what he has to say. Millions of people can't be wrong. The callers to his show sound like nice normal people with the same concerns we have here at JTF. When people complain about the Bush family, the oil companies, the auto industry and other big companies I always wonder what they have in mind to replace them with. As for president we already are starting to see that possibly their are worse things then G.W. Bush that can occupy the Oval Office. As for the big companies we have a president now that is seeking to nationalize them all and then we will only have one devil to deal with. I like most of the Conservative talk show hosts. I don't hang on their every word but I think they inform and entertain to some extent which is what I believe they are actually trying to do.

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:48 AM »
Ann Coulter's schtick has just got to be a joke. No one could possibly be that horrid.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 06:31:29 AM »
Ann Coulter's schtick has just got to be a joke. No one could possibly be that horrid.
The presentation may be played up a bit but I think she believes in her positions. Why is she horrid? I think she is right about most of what she says.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »
I think Rush and other talk show hosts are generally ok people, but here's what really disturbs me about them. They allow people to work off steam by listening to them. They act as a stop gap measure, a controlled opposition. Then people don't actually go out and DO anything.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:14 AM »
I think Rush and other talk show hosts are generally ok people, but here's what really disturbs me about them. They allow people to work off steam by listening to them. They act as a stop gap measure, a controlled opposition. Then people don't actually go out and DO anything.

This is so true.  I still believe had Limbaugh gotten behind Mitt Romney in the last election, it could have allowed him, not the traitor McCain, to be the Republican nominee for president.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 10:48:16 AM »
Amen.

Offline RationalMinority

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »
The presentation may be played up a bit but I think she believes in her positions. Why is she horrid? I think she is right about most of what she says.

Horrid, nuts, whatever:

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »
no, but hes better than obama
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
Rush is a fat faced mouth piece for the GOP establishment which doesn't want to eliminate the use of oil.   
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »
Rush is a fat faced mouth piece for the GOP establishment which doesn't want to eliminate the use of oil.   
Rush is smart enough to know that oil can only be replaced when there is something to replace it that's A) cost effective and B) offers the same reliability  and versatility that oil gives. Until then oil is king. My hat is off to the fat face mouth piece he has made millions and never spent a day in college. Not bad..... Not bad at all.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:29 PM »
How about Chuck Norris?
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Moshe92

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »
How about Chuck Norris?

I don't think so. Chuck Norris was an early supporter of Mike Huckabee.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
I love listening to Rush! But I have to agree with cjd, he is great at what he does and happy there.

Rubystars, you make a GREAT point! Maybe if more of these talk show hosts TELL people to get off their duffs and send faxes, letters, calls to the idiots in power then something WILL get done. It's alot of work, but I'm doing my best.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 02:01:13 AM »
Rush would be no better than establishment GOP stalwarts like Sam Brownback, Bob Dole, etc. He would talk a big conservative game and do absolutely nothing at crunch time.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
How about Chuck Norris?

I like Chuck Norris!
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Geert Akbar

• Full JTFer
    • My JTF video zootube channel
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »
How about Chuck Norris?

I like Chuck Norris!

Hell yeah! Chuck Norris doesn't have to wear a watch because he decides what time it is. haha
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
agree - similar to Savage - emphatic NO. I think Lou Dobbs may be good - I see him as a decent guy. Not sure whether he is conservative, though.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »
Glen Beck is young
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!