Author Topic: What if the Temple Mount was stormed today?  (Read 4300 times)

Offline galileerat

• Junior JTFer
What if the Temple Mount was stormed today?
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
The 2000 Israeli film Hahesder ("Time of Favor")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Favor
depicted ba'al teshuvah Hesder soldiers planning to take over the Temple Mount.

We know from the Hasmonean Tunnel riots in 1996 that killed hundreds of Arabs and scores of IDF soldiers, that even a hint of a rumor that the Jews are "touching" the Mosque of Omar, and even more so the smaller Mosque of Al Aqsa, sends the Muslims wordwide berserk.

What would happen if Hahesder came true, and right-wing Jews really did blow up or take over the Temple Mount?

Presumably the Israeli government would send in leftist soldiers to capture or kill the right-wing ones.

But that would not calm the situation, as by then, every Muslim from Helsinki to Durban, from Glasgow to Kula Lumpur, would have gone ballistic, and attacked and killed any Jew or Israeli they could find. Plus burned synagogues in London and Manchester, torched the Israeli embassy in Ankara, blown up a Jewish girls school in Buenos Aires, sink an Israeli freighter in Rotterdam, trashed the Antwerp Diamond Exchange, kidnapped Jewish children in Sydney, beaten up Lubavitchers in Crown Heights, knifed Haredim in 42nd Street etc etc etc

Let alone the Israeli Arabs, especially in Jaffa, Jerusalem and the Galil going doubly ballistic. Casualties on both sides would mount rapidly, probably forcing full mobilisation in Israel and its neighbours, including Iran and Hizbollah, destabilizing North Africa, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, New Jersey, Indonesia, Western China, Malaysia, Pakistan and even Russia, and in short order could lead to a war, even an apocalypse.

This would force Hashem's Hand to either send the Jewish Moshiach leader, send down the Third Temple from Heaven, or cause an earthquake to destroy the entire Mosque complex in preparation for its physical building by Jews, plus render the Golus untenable to Jews, forcing the survivors to flee to Israel, if they could, in a forced Ingathering of the Exiles!

It's amazing that the film's scenario hasn't played out yet!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:48:05 PM by galileerat »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What if the Har Habayis was stormed?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:25:31 PM »
If the quranimals will do this in my country I will go to the places of riot and fight this evil creatures.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What if the Temple Mount was stormed?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »
They may not do anything because they know that THE place does not belongs to them.

However anything is possible if the piggiedonkey combination flies to the Haven.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: What if the Temple Mount was stormed today?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
The Israeli army would forcibly remove and even kill the right-wing Jews who stormed the Temple Mount.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
The Israeli army would forcibly remove and even kill the right-wing Jews who stormed the Temple Mount.

Both consequences may tantamount to same thing:

+*+= +
-*- = +
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
May the Abomination Mosque on the Mount be removed speedily.

I know it is against policy here to encourage things like this but I myself dream of plots to blow up and remove this source of evil planted on the most holy spot on earth. I hope that someone is working on its destruction seriously...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
Some things need not to be worked on, they happen automatically by themselves.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »

Let alone the Israeli Arabs, especially in Jaffa, Jerusalem and the Galil going doubly ballistic. Casualties on both sides would mount rapidly, probably forcing full mobilisation in Israel and its neighbours, including Iran and Hizbollah, destabilizing North Africa, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, New Jersey, Indonesia, Western China, Malaysia, Pakistan and even Russia, and in short order could lead to a war, even an apocalypse.

This would force Hashem's Hand to either send the Jewish Moshiach leader, send down the Third Temple from Heaven, or cause an earthquake to destroy the entire Mosque complex in preparation for its physical building by Jews, plus render the Golus untenable to Jews, forcing the survivors to flee to Israel, if they could, in a forced Ingathering of the Exiles!

Wow.  So your "theology" is basically, let's purposely throw the world into complete chaos, even spark a world war PURPOSELY (and also endangering every defenseless Jew on the planet, which you so graciously pointed out every specific example of types of Jew in specific places for us that you imagine and vividly depict being attacked), and then G-d will surely rescue us and send the moschiach to solve all our problems for us and resolve the entire mess for us because we so obediently caused massive world war and chaos like G-d never asked of us to do in the first place.   WOW.   People who think like this are dangerous.

You sound like a Sabatean who has replaced halacha with some type of apocryphal-apocalyptic fantasy.   If we do enough damage in the world and create enough sin G-d will swoop down and repair everything.    INSANE.

Offline galileerat

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »
I didn't say that that's my "theology", just a plausible scenario.

Rav Kahane did say that "the only way to advance is through confrontation", whatever that means; and he refused to condemn the right-wing Jewish cells of the 80s.

I suspect that no Jew would today touch any mosque, and that it'll be a lone goy, someone like the Australian Xtian who tried to torch the Al Aqsa in 1969, who'll ignite things!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
Judaism requires us to be practical and use our brains.  Most importantly, to use our G-d given intellect to determine the proper course of action and best way to implement G-d's will in the world as he has laid out for us in the Torah and in halacha.   Judaism forbids us to sacrifice our intellect and become fundamentalist animals with human bodies who don't think and don't consider consequences of our actions.   One of the most important parts of Judaism, that cannot be stressed enough here, is that man is required to use his reasoning to consider the results of his actions, and to deliberate over the correct decision with the best possible outcome to the best of his ability.  

One cannot expect his sukkah to fall from the sky nor can he expect to bend the will of society to his own (or what he sees as G-d's).     Because G-d himself does not bend the will of the people to His, He gave us free will and wants us to achieve through free will and real love of God to serve him through that.   Not through fundamentalism or force.   This all requires deep rational contemplation and serious intellectual pursuit.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
I didn't say that that's my "theology", just a plausible scenario.

Rav Kahane did say that "the only way to advance is through confrontation", whatever that means; and he refused to condemn the right-wing Jewish cells of the 80s.

I suspect that no Jew alive would today touch any mosque, and that it'll be a lone goy, someone like the Australian Xtian who tried to torch the Al Aqsa in 1969, who'll ignite things!

A Jewish fist, with a JEWISH HEAD.

Not a Jewish fist with an ape's head.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
There are two ways to believe redemption will come:

1) The Temple will come down miraculously from heaven.

2) The Jewish people do something to bring about redemption.

The hard way involves the long and painful process of war and death. I much prefer the easy way of rectifying the world and meriting the redemption.

But there are times I think that Hashem is waiting for a zealous act from the Jewish people, A La Pinchas...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »

Wow.  So your "theology" is basically, let's purposely throw the world into complete chaos, even spark a world war PURPOSELY (and also endangering every defenseless Jew on the planet, which you so graciously pointed out every specific example of types of Jew in specific places for us that you imagine and vividly depict being attacked), and then G-d will surely rescue us and send the moschiach to solve all our problems for us and resolve the entire mess for us because we so obediently caused massive world war and chaos like G-d never asked of us to do in the first place.   WOW.   People who think like this are dangerous.

You sound like a Sabatean who has replaced halacha with some type of apocryphal-apocalyptic fantasy.   If we do enough damage in the world and create enough sin G-d will swoop down and repair everything.    INSANE.

Agree 100%
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
I agree that there is no such thing as "Forcing Hashems Hand" in this matter... Only when we merit redemption will we be redeemed.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 02:05:07 PM »
There are two ways to believe redemption will come:

1) The Temple will come down miraculously from heaven.

2) The Jewish people do something to bring about redemption.

The hard way involves the long and painful process of war and death. I much prefer the easy way of rectifying the world and meriting the redemption.

But there are times I think that Hashem is waiting for a zealous act from the Jewish people, A La Pinchas...

But I think to be eligible to act as Pinchas, we must be as righteous as him. Torah tells us that if the Jews behave according to G-d's will, no foe can defeat us in a war. But if while there are so many abominations in Israel and the Jewish people are so far from the Creator, such a zealous act might be reckless...  

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 02:06:23 PM »
I agree that there is no such thing as "Forcing Hashems Hand" in this matter... Only when we merit redemption will we be redeemed.

Yes, absolutely agree.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »
I don't have any problem with acting as Pinchas when the time is right and the situation is right.

I don't think we have to sit and wait and do nothing and Hashem is going to send buildings down from Heaven.  I think that is also a dangerous belief.  

I do think we have to be smart about what we choose to do.   Not just recklessly cause chaos and say 'it's ok because I'm acting as Pinchas.'   If there are practical measures we can take to go about establishing Jewish sovereignty over Temple mount, we can go about implementing them in a measured way, with daat.  And we can start now.  At least consider and talk about the issues as a first step - a first step which basically no one is doing.  To act as pinchas with regards to the Temple mount will be a process, not an overnight lightning bolt, just like the redemption is a process that occurs over time, with evolving realities, so too, we can eventually promote a situation where it is ripe for us to establish our hegemony on Temple Mount and build G-d's real place in the world.

To me, the people who want to do nothing, let the Muslims trample all over the Mount and even destroy it, forbid Jews from praying or even going up to Temple mount, and just wait wait Hashem will rectify it for us, to me these people are just as dangerous as the people who have no daat and just want to go set off a bomb when no one is looking and they think that suddenly the IDF, Israeli govt, Waqf, Muslim states, Muslim residents, etc etc will all just back down and say well, you bombed it, now go take whats yours, we wont stop you, and there won't be any consequences, and no need for plans as to how to go forward from there either.  These people (both types) lack vision and refuse to do what is really necessary.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »
Like Spectator said, it is true that we do need a certain level of righteousness to be able to act as Pinchas.  Normally I don't put too much into such statements because often they are liberal rabbis' way of saying you can't do anything violent, but I don't think that is what Spectator means here.   And I will admit, not to be too negative, but walking around downtown during Yom Haatzmaut, viewing the atmosphere I couldn't help but get the impression that the people as a whole are not ready for a Temple.   Just my opinion though.   

Halacha is what it is, and we have obligations regardless of my feelings.    It's just how we go about them and how to get there that needs to be done practically and wisely.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:56 PM »
To me, the people who want to do nothing, let the Muslims trample all over the Mount and even destroy it, forbid Jews from praying or even going up to Temple mount, and just wait wait Hashem will rectify it for us, to me these people are just as dangerous as the people who have no daat and just want to go set off a bomb when no one is looking and they think that suddenly the IDF, Israeli govt, Waqf, Muslim states, Muslim residents, etc etc will all just back down and say well, you bombed it, now go take whats yours, we wont stop you, and there won't be any consequences, and no need for plans as to how to go forward from there either.  These people (both types) lack vision and refuse to do what is really necessary.

Yes, both extremes are bad. As Rabbi Tarfon said in Pirke Avot 2:21,

"It is not incumbent upon you to finish the task. Yet, you are not free to desist from it."

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »
Like Spectator said, it is true that we do need a certain level of righteousness to be able to act as Pinchas.  Normally I don't put too much into such statements because often they are liberal rabbis' way of saying you can't do anything violent, but I don't think that is what Spectator means here. 

True. Those liberal "rabbis" like to use holy words of Torah in their own lowlife leftist needs. They act as Zimri and demand the reward of Pinchas.

I will admit, not to be too negative, but walking around downtown during Yom Haatzmaut, viewing the atmosphere I couldn't help but get the impression that the people as a whole are not ready for a Temple.   Just my opinion though.   

So is mine, if you mean those who mourn about the creation of the State of Israel. This is either stupidity or hypocrisy. G-d send them salvation from immediate physical destruction and the opportunity to live in the Land of Israel, and they mourn..

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »

I will admit, not to be too negative, but walking around downtown during Yom Haatzmaut, viewing the atmosphere I couldn't help but get the impression that the people as a whole are not ready for a Temple.   Just my opinion though.   

So is mine, if you mean those who mourn about the creation of the State of Israel. This is either stupidity or hypocrisy. G-d send them salvation from immediate physical destruction and the opportunity to live in the Land of Israel, and they mourn..

I didn't mean that although I do agree with you there too.   But what I was referring to was how pervasive the secular culture is.  There is a certain focus on hedonism going on that shows people aren't exactly yearning for close relationship with Hashem.   But you can also find a lack in religious communities, just in a different way.   But it seems the secular culture rules the day currently and people are strongly affected by it.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
May the Abomination Mosque on the Mount be removed speedily.

I know it is against policy here to encourage things like this but I myself dream of plots to blow up and remove this source of evil planted on the most holy spot on earth. I hope that someone is working on its destruction seriously...

I still hope and think that when the time is right HaShem will send an earthquake and wipe all the 5 mosques from the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa mosque are the most evil of all mosques and pagan worship in this place!

Offline galileerat

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »

YESHIVAT HARA'AYON HAYEHUDI
Jerusalem, Israel
HaRav Yehuda Kreuser SHLIT"A, Rosh Yeshiva

Parashat VAETCHANAN - NACHAMU
11 Av 5769/ 31 July-1 August 2009

THE MAIN THING IS TO DO

In this week's Parasha, Vaetchanan, Moshe Rabbenu relates how he brought down
G-d's word to the Jewish people at Sinai: "Face to Face did Hashem speak
with you on the mountain from amid the fire. I was standing between Hashem
and you at that time to relate the word of Hashem to you - for you were
afraid of the fire and you did not ascend the mountain."

The Ten Commandments brought down in our Parasha vary ever so slightly from
the book of Exodus, where they are originally stated.  Why should there be a
difference between the two versions? Our Rabbis teach us that the first set
of Commandments were on a higher level than the second set, and that if
Israel would not have sinned at Sinai, they would have entered the Land of
Israel right away and could have conquered the land without having to
actually fight for it. But now, after they sinned, they were on a lower
level, not worthy of open miracles, so now they had to work though Nature.
Battles, conquests, wars, blood and trials were now the way that the system
would work - all within the realm of Nature. The days of marching in without
having to fight, waging miraculous wars, Temple buildings coming down from
heaven - were now officially over.

In this spirit, Moshe goes and separates the three cities of refuge on the
eastern side of the Jordan. Even though the need for the refuge cities would
not exist for the next 14 years, Moshe said: what I can do now I will do.
Our rabbis dispute about the time Moshe separated the cities. Some say it
was on the 7th of Adar, Moshe's last day of life in this world, and some say
it was 30 days before he died. In any case, we see that Moshe Rabbenu left
no stone unturned and took nothing for chance, even for something which
would take effect years later. The book of Yehoshua relates to us that
"these are the cities which Moshe separated". This was in spite of the fact
that Moshe was long dead at the time; still, this activity was attributed to
him.

We find also by King David, that after being told by the prophet that he
would not build the Temple, he continued to gather a lot of materials for
the task. He said: All that I can do now, in spite of the fact that I will
not build it, I will do by contributing to the Temple building. David, more
than anyone, could have sat back and relaxed and said that the prophet
himself told him that he would not build the Temple, so he didn't have to do
anything. Still he did not do nothing, but he did all he could in the realm
of Nature to fulfill the task at hand. The end result was that, in spite of
the fact that David did not build it, the Temple is called in his name.

Today, we, too, have many reasons not to do what we must. As a wise man once
said: "The gates of prayer are somethimes open and somethimes closed, but
the 'gate of excuses' is always open". Why do the Jewish people not return
home to Israel? We sit in the exile and say it's not the right time, this in
not the redemption period which Hashem meant, no jobs in the Holyland, no
good tuna fish, etc., etc., etc. We all have the right reasons, as the "gate
of excuses" is always open.

The same is true with rebuilding the Holy Temple. We stay down by the Kotel
and say we cannot go up there, the nation is not ready,  it will fall from
heaven, let G-d do it, it's His House anyway, etc., etc., etc.

Moshe and David did not take this path, for this is not the path of truth.
Rather, all that they could do, they did - whether they would succeed in
their task or not. The main rule is to countiue working inside the realm of
Nature until victory, for sitting idle is not an option - just a poor excuse
to do nothing.

So what would Rav Kahane expect us to do today in practice, if anything, about the Temple Mount?!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »

So what would Rav Kahane expect us to do today in practice, if anything, about the Temple Mount?!

Obviously, something.   Not nothing.   But that doesn't mean he would advocate being irrational or to do something because one thinks it will cause chaos.   Those are the types of behaviors he condemned.  Things without a purpose or without the consequences being thought through.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »
From what we learned on Tish B'Av...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/404863/jewish/Kamtza-and-Bar-Kamtza.htm

There were in Jerusalem three men of great wealth: Nakdimon ben Gurion, Ben Kalba Sabua, and Ben Tzitzit Hakeseth. Nakdimon ben Gurion was so called because the sun continued shining for his sake.2 Ben Kalba Sabua was so called because one would go into his house hungry as a dog (kalba) and come out full and satiated (sabua). Ben Tzitzit Hakeseth was so called because his fringes (tzitzit) used to trail on cushions (keseth). Others say he derived the name from the fact that his seat (kise) was among those of the nobility of Rome.

One of these three rich men said to the people of Jerusalem, "I will keep you in wheat and barley." A second said, "I will keep them in wine, oil and salt." The third said, "I will keep them in wood." The Rabbis considered the offer of wood the most generous, since Rabbi Hisda used to hand all his keys to his servant save that of the wood, for Rabbi Hisda used to say, "A storehouse of wheat requires the fuel of sixty stores of wood." These men were in a position to sustain the city for twenty-one years.

The Biryoni (Zealot bands) were then in the city. The Rabbis said to them: "Let us go out and make peace with the Romans." The Zealots would not let them, but on the contrary said, "Let us go out and fight them." The Rabbis said: "You will not succeed." The Zealots then rose up and burnt the stores of wheat and barley (so as to force the people to fight the Romans). A famine ensued.

Martha the daughter of Boethius was one of the richest women in Jerusalem. She sent her man-servant out saying, "Go and bring me some fine flour." By the time he went the fine flour was sold out. He came and told her, "There is no fine flour, but there is white flour." She then said to him, "Go and bring me some." By the time he went he found the white flour sold out. He came and told her, "There is no white flour but there is dark flour." She said to him, "Go and bring me some." By the time he went it was sold out. He returned and said to her, "There is no dark flour, but there is barley flour." She said, "Go and bring me some." By the time he went this was also sold out.

She had taken off her shoes, but she said, "I will go out and see if I can find anything to eat." Some dung stuck to her foot and she died. Rabban Yochanan ben Zakkai applied to her the verse, "The tender and delicate woman among you which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground."3 Some report that she ate a fig left by Rabbi Zadok, and became sick and died. (For Rabbi Zadok had fasted for forty years so that Jerusalem might not be destroyed, and he became so thin that when he ate anything the food could be seen as it passed through his throat. When he wanted to restore himself, they used to bring him a fig, and he used to suck the juice and throw the rest away.) When Martha was about to die, she brought out all her gold and silver and threw it in the street, saying, "What is the good of this to me?" thus giving effect to the verse, "They shall cast their silver in the streets."4

From this story we see a negative result of the 'Zealots' action... They wanted to force Hashems hand and cause a conflict with the Romans. They believed that doing so would force G-d to send the redeemer... But instead this backfired on the Jewish people...

I don't think we should consider doing something like this unless there is a clear message that this is what Hashem wants from us...