Author Topic: Photo- last ones of my friend squirrel  (Read 1291 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Photo- last ones of my friend squirrel
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:46:15 PM »

Squirrel, and lily

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Photo- last ones of my friend squirrel
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »
Very nice photos Paulette!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
I love the photos you take!!!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:35:22 AM »
That Squirrel is adorable. Your friend is lucky to have a pet Squirrel. When my brother and I were kids, our Mom gave us dry dog food in bags to feed the Squirrels that came to our porch. Grey Squirrels are friendly, especially if you have food!

Shalom - Dox       :  )

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 02:18:52 AM »
Muman don't read this post if you're offended by mentions of tempting treif

If I tried to feed squirrels at my house, the cats outside would kill them, but I do think they're cute (and tasty  :eat:) but especially cute. I like to watch them play and jump through the trees. One time at lake Somerville there was a squirrel that was tamed down enough from people feeding it to take food from our fingers. That was really awesome.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
Muman don't read this post if you're offended by mentions of tempting treif

If I tried to feed squirrels at my house, the cats outside would kill them, but I do think they're cute (and tasty  :eat:) but especially cute. I like to watch them play and jump through the trees. One time at lake Somerville there was a squirrel that was tamed down enough from people feeding it to take food from our fingers. That was really awesome.

I take it you are jesting about eating them... I can't imagine anyone actually eating one of those cute critters.

But I don't know when I hear about eating possums... I believe Beverly Hillbillies used to eat possum...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 02:36:10 AM »
I take it you are jesting about eating them... I can't imagine anyone actually eating one of those cute critters.

I wouldn't hunt them but I did eat them before in gumbo and I loved it. I don't even like gumbo usually (not a big fan of okra).

But I don't know when I hear about eating possums... I believe Beverly Hillbillies used to eat possum...

I have never had possum. Some people say it's good but my dad told me it's really gross so I'm taking his word for it on that one.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 05:37:24 AM »

I wouldn't hunt them but I did eat them before in gumbo and I loved it. I don't even like gumbo usually (not a big fan of okra).

I have never had possum. Some people say it's good but my dad told me it's really gross so I'm taking his word for it on that one.

Your father is correct because Possum's  like to feed on animal carcasses and road kill. :yuck: An old timer once told me that when I asked him about eating possum. His exact words were " No way they hang around anything thats dead".  :fright: He also told me a story about how a crazy cousin of his would actually hunt the possums which I will never forget. As far as squirrel goes I have been told by a few people that they are very tasty.  :eat: The Beverly Hillbillies show wow....... (Careful now Muman your showing your age however you might be talking about the more recent movie  :laugh: ) came up with some odd sounding foods. I recall possum pie and crawdads..... I just now had to look up crawdads to see what they actually were  :read: . Their crayfish.  I don't eat lobster so them little critters are safe from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:33 AM »
Crawfish taste good, but I can only eat about 3 of them before the "you're sticking a bug in your mouth" thing gets to me.  :laugh:

I think possums are gross because they hang out inside of animal carcasses. They are cute to look at though, but I wouldn't eat one unless I was starving.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 05:46:05 AM »
Crawfish taste good, but I can only eat about 3 of them before the "you're sticking a bug in your mouth" thing gets to me.  :laugh:

I think possums are gross because they hang out inside of animal carcasses. They are cute to look at though, but I wouldn't eat one unless I was starving.
Thats how the crazy guy would hunt the possums he would find a carcass in the woods and then put a sack over its head. He would then come back later and beat on the back end of the carcass and the possum would run right into the sack. Hows that for a morning wake up story.  :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 05:54:17 AM »

Thats how the crazy guy would hunt the possums he would find a carcass in the woods and then put a sack over its head. He would then come back later and beat on the back end of the carcass and the possum would run right into the sack. Hows that for a morning wake up story.  :::D

lol, wow, that sounds more like [censored] food than food for normal people to eat, unless it's a desperate sort of situation like Great Depression food.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »

lol, wow, that sounds more like schvartza food than food for normal people to eat, unless it's a desperate sort of situation like Great Depression food.
Actually it was a schvartza that told me the story. I was kidding around with him one day and told him I needed a recipe for possum pie. You had to see the face of disgust he made. We do have possums here on Long Island but here they hang out in the garbage pail if the lid is left loose and  they can climb up into it.   

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
At least they're not prone to rabies.  :::D

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »
CUTE!  :)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »
Very cute and great pictures!

Offline Deletemyaccountplease

• New JTFer
  • *The land of the free and the home of the brave"
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »
I like squirrel, but I've seen them on picture only because very few squirrel live in Hungary :(

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:23 PM »
I like squirrel, but I've seen them on picture only because very few squirrel live in Hungary :(

We have a lot of them. You can see them best in winter. But our brown squirrels are more and more driven away by the dark Asian ones. :(

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 12:49:31 PM »

The little town where we have our holiday house in Balatonkenese, there are many!!
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »
Beautiful photos Paulette, your pictures always bring a smile to face   :)
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
Speaking of odd animals to eat, I'm told that pigeons are actually kosher to eat.  However, I think they're gross, and I would never eat one. 

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
In Balatonkenese the squirrels are very friendly, once one came to me (he was in front of me from 1-2 metre)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »
I have many friendly squirrels in my yard... I often fear that my cats may find them tasty as they have with the hummingbirds which frequent my yard...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14