Author Topic: This reminds me of what Chaim has been talking about  (Read 947 times)

Moshe92

This reminds me of what Chaim has been talking about
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
Recently on ask JTF and in several Hebrew videos, Chaim talked about true happiness and how going to night clubs and taking drugs cannot bring true happiness. Recently, a famous Jewish disk jockey who performed at nightclubs died from taking drugs. That made me think of Chaim's recent shows.

http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php/jewishtimes/celebrities/jt/celebrities/adam_dj_am_goldstein/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: This reminds me of what Chaim has been talking about
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
Recently on ask JTF and in several Hebrew videos, Chaim talked about true happiness and how going to night clubs and taking drugs cannot bring true happiness. Recently, a famous Jewish disk jockey who performed at nightclubs died from taking drugs. That made me think of Chaim's recent shows.

http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php/jewishtimes/celebrities/jt/celebrities/adam_dj_am_goldstein/

Was he Jewish? Was he bar mitzvahed? Maybe he was born Jewish but I doubt he was observant..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »

Was he Jewish? Was he bar mitzvahed? Maybe he was born Jewish but I doubt he was observant..

What's the difference?  His point was he was Jewish.    Being that he was Jewish, obviously he did not reach true happiness through clubs, music and drugs.  In fact, he reached a premature death instead.   I believe that illustrates Chaim's point.

Moshe92

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

There's an old haaretz article about him that says, "Jewish DJ Adam Goldstein files lawsuit in South Carolina plane crash."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1049755.html

Also, his wikipedia entry lists him in the categories "American Jews" and "Jewish musicians."

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
DJ AM, a famous DJ and good friends with members of the famous alternative band Blink-182 (such as Travis Barker, who also survived that horrific plane crash), supposedly had been addicted to drugs before in his early 20s, but had been clean for ten years.

In any case I will not judge the poor guy too harshly. That plane crash last year was unimaginably traumatic and I'm sure every day of surviving it, having seen his friends burned alive, was an absolute nightmare and, for him, worse than dying. Without G-d in his life, this sort of an outcome was essentially inevitable.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:27 PM »
It is sad news indeed... I do not know the particulars but from what I heard it was tough for him due to the pain medications. i know a bit about this because I am currently taking pain medication... It is a challenge to avoid getting hooked on them. I have a legal perscription and take only what I am perscribed to take.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:17:10 PM »
DJ AM, a famous DJ and good friends with members of the famous alternative band Blink-182 (such as Travis Barker, who also survived that horrific plane crash), supposedly had been addicted to drugs before in his early 20s, but had been clean for ten years.

In any case I will not judge the poor guy too harshly. That plane crash last year was unimaginably traumatic and I'm sure every day of surviving it, having seen his friends burned alive, was an absolute nightmare and, for him, worse than dying. Without G-d in his life, this sort of an outcome was essentially inevitable.

Wow that is terrible.   I agree with you.  
with regards to his death Baruch Dayan haEmet.  (means:  Blessed is the true Judge).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
It's really tragic indeed. Yeah he was a secular and worldly Jew (assuming he was, I'll take everyone's word for it), but nobody deserves that kind of ordeal.

Moshe92

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
I agree that it is sad how he survived a plane crash and then died a year later.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »
They found a crack pipe. That's taking it to the extreme. Crack cocaine is known as a very cheap and addictive "poor person's drug". He should have GOTTEN HELP! :'(

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:25:08 PM »
What I don't understand is Hashem saved his life once, then he does drugs and just kills himself.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »
What I don't understand is Hashem saved his life once, then he does drugs and just kills himself.
He probably did not see it that way. I am sure this guy was completely secular.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:03 AM »
you are correct