Author Topic: London Mayor Recommends Ramadan Fast for All  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
London Mayor Recommends Ramadan Fast for All
« on: September 06, 2009, 02:12:35 AM »
by David Lev

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133283

The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has recommended that non-Muslims take the opportunity of the month of Ramadan to fast, along with their Muslim neighbors, in order to promote "understanding between cultures."

Johnson told members of a London mosque that with Muslims so much a part of London life, it would be befitting for non-Muslims to get to know their fellow Londoners' customs and religion better.

"Whether it's in theater, comedy, sports, music or politics, Muslims are challenging the traditional stereotypes and showing that they are, and want to be, a part of the mainstream community," Johnson said. ''That's why I urge people, particularly during Ramadan, to find out more about Islam, increase your understanding and learning, even fast for a day with your Muslim neighbor and break your fast at the local mosque. I would be very surprised if you didn't find that you share more in common than you thought," he said.

'Muslims are at the heart of every aspect of society," he added. "Their contribution is something that all Londoners benefit from. Muslim police officers, doctors, scientists and teachers are an essential part of the fabric of London." There are currently 1.6 million Muslims in Britain, most of whom fast during Ramadan, Muslim community officials told reporters.

Not all Londoners embraced the idea. A local English Democrat leader, Steve Uncles, blasted Johnson's comments, saying that "the indigenous culture of this country is based on Christianity and Paganism. Of course, as an open and tolerant society, if people want to practice other religions, then good luck to them. But the state should not be funding them because otherwise we will lose our culture."

Although perhaps the most original, Johnson's is far from the only effort by Western politicians to honor Ramadan and Muslims. Last week, U.S. President Barack Obama hosted a Ramadan break the fast meal at the White House. "Islam, as we know, is part of America," Obama said during the dinner. "Together we have a responsibility to foster engagement grounded in mutual interest and mutual respect."

A report Saturday said that Egyptian police had arrested 155 people in the southern city of Aswan for not fasting during Ramadan. According to local reports, police have targeted people seen eating or drinking anything during daylight hours. According to one local official, the police campaign is evidence of an increased Muslim fervor among police, while another official said that the local government was trying to appease Islamists, who have increased in popularity in recent months.

There was no word on whether London Mayor Johnson was planning to suggest that Muslims and Christians fast on Yom Kippur in order to better understand their Jewish neighbors.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: London Mayor Recommends Ramadan Fast for All
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »
Ubamination in Londonistan...  :beast: :camel:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:00:14 AM »
It is sad and at the same time a bit funny.. They supported Muslims against certain countries, now they are going to fast on Ramadan themselves.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 03:28:13 AM »
Here is a mild way of me putting it.. Like HELL I WOULD!!!!!!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 05:09:22 AM »
The Hell I will. Send them all back to Mars
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:15:53 AM »
Re: London Mayor Recommends Ramadan Fast for All:

I think they are impressed and slowly getting converted. Nothing strange, when India was getting mercilessly and forcefully divided, their sympathies were brazenly lying with the muslamics and papistan666. 

For real show of solidarity, they should better fast for 24 hours a day and continue it for whole year.
 ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »
NO! Never!!!!!!!!! I won't allow it!  >:( Especially in a non-Muslim country.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »
It is really sad to see England it the social condition it is in today. I guess desperation to appease the filthy muslims that are slowly taking over parts of English society  has brought politicians to this sort of stupidity. What would be the point of a non muslim fasting for a holiday that means nothing to them ???
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
We live in an upside-down world. 8 years after 9/11, our love and empathy for islam has grown so much that we fast with them. Would islam still exist in a normal country after the event like 9/11?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
We live in an upside-down world. 8 years after 9/11, our love and empathy for islam has grown so much that we fast with them. Would islam still exist in a normal country after the event like 9/11?
I think we all know the answer to that.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
Votes.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »
Whatever amount of fasting they do, Arabs are never going to supply their neo-slaves with the oil free of cost.
 ;D

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
This proves how Anti-Semitic Britain has become.  >:(
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
Yom Kippur is when I'm planning to fast.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
It never ends.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
Nope, it never ends and I won't be surprised to hear Obamass say the same thing to Americans!  >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
Just a correction. According to many rabbinical opinions, a Gentile is not allowed to fast on Yom Kippur.
And the Mayor is silly to suggest non-Muslims to fast in Ramadan. I'd rather invite Muslims and all Gentiles to celebrate Yom Hatzmaut, so they can learn about Israel (the only country in the world whose territory is under threat even the Capital)

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »
Bravo Boris Johston - Dhimmi of the month award goes to you, you filthy infidel!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot