Author Topic: 45% of doctors would quit over public health care  (Read 866 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
45% of doctors would quit over public health care
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »
An IBD/TIPP poll found that two out of three physicians oppose the overhaul plan that congress is working on.

The kicker though is that hundreds of thousands would consider closing their doors or retire early if the plan were to pass. In 2006 there were some 800,000 doctors. 45% would be about 360,000. Scary huh?

Not surprisingly, 72% of those polled don't think the goverment give the millions better quality care at a lower cost. Remember, these are not insurance companies saying this, these are the actual doctors themselves.

The poll has 1,376 respondants chosen throughout the country.

Some of their findings:

Two-thirds, or 65%, of doctors say they oppose the proposed government expansion plan. This contradicts the administration's claims that doctors are part of an "unprecedented coalition" supporting a medical overhaul.

It also differs with findings of a poll released Monday by National Public Radio that suggests a "majority of physicians want public and private insurance options," and clashes with media reports such as Tuesday's front-page story in the Los Angeles Times with the headline "Doctors Go For Obama's Reform."
Doctor shortages are already a problem. A study by the American Medical Colleges found that even with the current patient load, there weill be 159,000 fewer doctors in 2025 than what is needed. Can you imagine what would happen to the health care industry if another 45% decided to leave because of government intervention?

What about the cost that Obama says won't rise or add to the deficit? Well in 2006 Massachusetts passed their overhaul, without a public option, and it hasn't worked. Insurance premiums there are rising 22% faster than the rest of the U.S.

IBD also reports that Maine, Tennessee and Hawaii have been forced to cut their services.

Is this what we really want for our country?

http://patriotroom.com/article/45-of-doctors-would-quit-over-public-health-care

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: 45% of doctors would quit over public health care
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »
I'm sure the Obama administration will find replacement Dr's ... Jamaal, Tayshan, Jarule , DeQuan, Lebron, etc. will be the New recruits from the Hood to better represent their peeps, you know!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04:57 PM »
Well, one good thing that will come of this is no Doctors will be voting for obama again, unless of course they are quacks.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »
I'm sure the Obama administration will find replacement Dr's ... Jamaal, Tayshan, Jarule , DeQuan, Lebron, etc. will be the New recruits from the Hood to better represent their peeps, you know!

And do not forget about Dr Tyrice

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:57 AM »

And do not forget about Dr Tyrice

Or Muhammad, Ahmad, Ali, Hakim-Al-Jazawabee, Karif-El-Shonarabi, Yahouf Allah Youseff, Ahkbar Al Akawabee, Hndejifnouitskjuhcg Al Khubibasghdejn, QWERTYUIOPASDGHJKLZXCVBNM, and Finally KillAllTheJewsAndNonMuslimsAndAllahBeWithYou.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »

In 1980 I went to a doctor for a cold and paid $50USD cash.
No insurance.
In 1989 I went to a doctor so he can fill out a health form so I can attend high school and paid $20USD cash.
No insurance.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774