Author Topic: I may be a conservative. Though definetely not this kind of conservative.  (Read 621 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
I may be a conservative.  We'll frankly more like a libertarian.  Though I am not a woman hating hard core paleo-con.  John Derbyshire said to Alan Colmes That women shouldn't vote.  This guy gives conservatives a bad name.     

http://www.care2.com/causes/politics/blog/john-derbyshire/#comment-231474

That's what conservative writer John Derbyshire told radio host Alan Colmes yesterday during an on air interview. Derbyshire is a columnist for the National Review and just published a book titled We Are Doomed: Reclaiming Conservative  Pessimism which, as reported by ThinkProgress, contains a section called “The Case Against Female Suffrage.”

Alan Colmes tweeted about his interview with Derbyshire Tuesday night (of course I had a comment or two) in which Derbyshire claimed that the country was better off when women didn't have the vote and that women "lean far to the left" as voters.

From ThinkProgress where you can also listen to the interview:

DERBYSHIRE: Among the hopes that I do not realistically nurse is the hope that female suffrage will be repealed. But I’ll say this – if it were to be, I wouldn’t lose a minute’s sleep.

COLMES: We’d be a better country if women didn’t vote?

DERBYSHIRE: Probably. Don’t you think so?

COLMES: No, I do not think so whatsoever.

DERBYSHIRE: Come on Alan. Come clean here [laughing].

COLMES: We would be a better country? John Derbyshire making the statement, we would be a better country if women did not vote.

DERBYSHIRE: Yeah, probably.

Clearly, the reason Derbyshire doesnt think women should have the right to vote is because its bad for conservatives.

Hilariously, Derbyshire is also famous for writing that Jennifer Aniston was too old to pose topless in GQ at 36 (scroll down to the "Jennifer's bristols" section).
Mr. Derbyshire is an expert on the female form AND the female mind!

Read more:
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Moshe92

I'm not sure if he's really even a conservative. He's probably closer to being a neo-fascist. Look at his wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Derbyshire

It says that he supports human euthanasia and abortion and that he opposes small government policy.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Possibly a white nationalist.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Doesn't sound like much of a conservative to me. 

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Doesn't sound like much of a conservative to me. 

Indeed.  Sound like a [censored].