Author Topic: One Year Since Mumbai Massacre at Chabad House  (Read 622 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
One Year Since Mumbai Massacre at Chabad House
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134493

(IsraelNN.com) A year has passed since the massacre at Chabad House in Mumbai. A memorial ceremony is being held at Kfar Chabad.

On November 26, 2008 (28 Cheshvan 5769), terrorists took over the Chabad House in Mumbai, India, where they murdered Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg, 29; Rebbetzin Rivka Holtzberg, 28; Bentzion Kruman, 26; Rabbi Leibish Teitelbaum, 37; Yocheved Orpaz, 62; Norma Shvarzblat Rabinovich, 50.

The massacre was one of more than ten coordinated shooting and bombing attacks across Mumbai which lasted until November 29, killing at least 173 people and wounding at least 308.

Israel National TV will be carrying a live video broadcast from memorial ceremony.

PS: For those wondering why we are remembering the massacre now and not November 26 is because it is according to the Jewish calendar that one year has passed, and Jews mark the anniversary of death according to the Jewish calendar. 28 Cheshvan was last Sunday.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:35:23 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: One Year Since Mumbai Massacre at Chabad House
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Muman,

Thank you for posting this.
I was going to do the same....

Thanks again...

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
Extremely sad.

I pray in their memory.

I wish it to be avenged completely....
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »
G-d Bless Chabad and those directly affected by the Muslim Terrorist attack in Mumbai.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:05 AM »
Bentzion Chroman happens to be my mom's best friend's relative. There was memorial here in Toronto a few days ago. I had class but my mom and her friends went. I think that big Rav from Pittsburgh spoke.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
Hashem Yikom Damam. 

I had the zechut to meet some very special people who had a close relationship with the Holtzberg family in Mumbai.  The victims are sorely missed.  And the scum who did this deserve the worst punishment.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:29:26 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »