Author Topic: hello from oklahoma!  (Read 6275 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: hello from oklahoma!
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »
Is he talking to Israeli Christians?  Let me explain by virtue of analogy: if someone comes on television here and says "merry Christmas,"  I don't assume he is saying anything against me as a non-believer in Jesus. He is simply wishing other people who do celebrate, "happy holidays."

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »
Is he talking to Israeli Christians?  Let me explain by virtue of analogy: if someone comes on television here and says "merry Christmas,"  I don't assume he is saying anything against me as a non-believer in Jesus. He is simply wishing other people who do celebrate, "happy holidays."
I am sorry I can't find a reference, but this is how I recall these news items: The pope speaks in Hebrew, I think he specifically says he addresses the Jews and in any case by the fact he speaks Hebrew and the content of his message it is obvious: he says something like "The messiah- he has already arrived" "המשיח כבר הגיע".
To be honest it doesn't bother me that the pope states what he believes in, but I take it as a sign that he want to convert the Jews and so I don't consider him a friend of my people. 

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
Well if that is what he says, then that is problematic.  He does not do that here.  When I have seen him on TV saying things like this, it was very super to me that he was talking to fellow believers.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
  • Russian Orthodox Christian
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
Welcome SimonPeter.

The Pope is neither a Muslim, nor a Jew hater.  He has shown strong support for the Jewish people. At times, like most of us, he has been misguided as was when he did not outright condemn Bishop Williamson.  I've found in this forum, you may not agree with some of the things said, but all of us want a preservation of Western Values in Western lands

I am still in the process of research about joseph ratzinger, but let me share just a little of what everybody here should know about him;

Supporter of a Palestinian State- yes

Supporter of an independant Kosovo-yes

Supporter of a one-world government-yes

Supporter of that 'good religion' Islam-yes

Supporter of Barack Obama-yes, if you carefully notice the 'green light' he gave to 'catholics' to vote for Obama

I have and can produce more detailed examples given time, but my point is that this is a man who is a very crafty foe of the Jewish people who employs a variant of communist type dialectical psychological warfare to empower his allies and drain the resistance of his enemies

I must respectfully disagree-it is later than we think for the West's survival timeline
Russian Orthodox Christian, friend of the Jewish people.