Author Topic: I'm a JTFer, but am I a Kahanist?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
I'm a JTFer, but am I a Kahanist?
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »
So, I am a Zionist in the true meaning of this term,
I'm a nationalist, I believe that the whole land of Israel belogs to the Jewish people, and that they all have to go back to their ancient homeland.
I believe, that the Jewish State must be fully independant, without hand-outs from other countries, and without listening to other countries, it must do its own decisions, independently.
I believe, in sending the Arabs who currently live on the Jewish land (including Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip) back to their homelands (Jordan, Egypt and the rest of the club..)
I believe that extreme leftwing organizations like Shalom Achshav (Peace Now) do not help Israel, but destroy their own state just to help their enemies.
I've seen hundreds of videos by Chaim, and I agree with him almost totally.

BUT,
I am not religious at all... can I still be caled a Kahanist Jew
(by the way I'm not an atheist!)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I'm a JTFer, but am I a Kahanist?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:34 AM »
A "kahanist jew" is a Jew who goes by the ideas of meir kahane. However his ideas are one of the true Torah ways. So the question is are you a true torah jew? Or are a more secular Jew who may not be practicing true torah judaism but knows its one of the right ways?

All kahanists are true zionists. You believe in the same or similar solution as kahanists. 

So I guess if you wanted to lable yourself as a certain type of Jew, I would be a Kahanist but not religious
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:32 AM »
Are you sure it's possible to be a secular Kahanist? sounds like a contadiction......

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 06:47:38 AM »
It is a contradiction, but ultimately you'll realize that why his ideas were correct were because of their Torah origin and you'll also hopefully realize that Rabbi Kahane was equally correct when he spoke about how a Jew should live his life.    His arguments against assimilation, reform, and secularism are equally ironclad and convincing as compared with the arguments he used promoting the other ideas you cite which Chaim also subscribes to and promotes.   And Chaim has also said many times here that ultimately such Jews who are not practicing or not believing but agree with Rabbi Kahane's and JTF's political views, will hopefully come to the realization that the Torah way is the correct way to live.   

But a person can only make this decision for himself and it requires a sincere search and openness to the truth and can be a lot of work.   I hope you'll find inspiration in not only Jewish nationhood but also our ultimate purpose as a nation which is to be a Mamlecheth kohanim w'goy kadosh -  a kingdom/state of important dignified people, and a holy nation.   The Torah shows us the way to be holy and achieve this goal.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:40:23 AM »
I believe in God and the holy scriptures, and respect the religion, I just want my freedom.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
I believe in G-d and the holy scriptures, and respect the religion, I just want my freedom.

There is no freedom. You can only do what's right or degenerate and die.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »
I believe in G-d and the holy scriptures, and respect the religion, I just want my freedom.

Right. But there is freedom of choice between these two alternatives.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »

Right. But there is freedom of choice between these two alternatives.

You can only choose to do what's right. You have no choice.
Doing what's right is survival. Neglecting to do what's right is death.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:25:42 AM by Bio-Electric Apprentice »

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 09:19:05 AM »
I think that I lead my life in the right path. I love my family,
I love God, I love my people and I try to help the needy.
I never steal or gamble.
I only loved one woman in my whole life.
I don't think I'm doin' something wrong...

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:50 AM »
I love G-d, I love my people and I try to help the needy.
I never steal or gamble.

It's not about not doing anything wrong, it's about continuing to do better.
Spirituality is an Eternal Strife to grow better.

Standing still = death.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »
Spirituality is beyond me, I guess...

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »
as a christian i think you should get back into the torah. The jews are the most sucessful people because of the torah, even atheist jews dont know it, but its because of the bible that makes them have such a great culture.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »

Hashem answers you:

Deuteronomy 30:

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not too hard for thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?'
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?'
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. {S}
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil,
16 in that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy G-d, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances; then thou shalt live and multiply, and the LORD thy G-d shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest in to possess it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »

Well, it seems you are using a distorted concept and applying it to Judaism.  There is no such thing as a "religion" of Judaism independent of doing the actual mitzvot.   The "religion" and the behavior are inseparable.   If you say religion as a "theology" or "system of thought" -then that is not actually Judaism you refer to.   The theology and system of thought in Judaism is that a person does the mitzvot.  Doing the mitzvot is incorporated within the overall system of thought.   It's a system of thought-action.

The way Judaism defines freedom is not the way you are saying "freedom."  You seem to say you want "freedom" to not be obligated in mitzvot.   That is not freedom.   One is free to choose, but we are obligated in them whether we choose correctly or not.    That (a binding obligation) does not make it any less free.   Freewill is the ability to make the choice itself.   G-d tells us to "Choose life."    If you exercise your right to choose, and you choose wisely by accepting the responsibility to do mitzvot, you are not any less free.   And if you choose against accepting your responsibility to do mitzvot, you are also not any less (or more) free, but you are still held accountable for this choice.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:15:57 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
I love G-d, I love my people and I try to help the needy.
I never steal or gamble.

That's all very good.   Actually, that's great!   However, there is more that you are missing by not fulfilling Shabbat, tefillin, etc etc...    It doesn't take away from these good deeds you've listed, but you are missing the full picture.    (And believe me if what you say is true, sometimes a person can be an "observant" Jew externally but fails in all or some of those things you listed, so these things you listed are nothing to scoff at, and it is very great indeed, but it is still just a foundation.  The rest is also essential).    Aside from missing out on other obligations, there are other practices and observances that really make life more joyous and complete.   So you are missing out in another way.    You love G-d, that's a great start, in fact that's a positive commandment, however the Torah also lays out for you the best way to develop a personal relationship with G-d, and if one loves G-d, surely they want to develop that relationship fully.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
Deep inside, I know that you're right.. but it's too difficult for me.. I hope someday I'll be strong enough and smart enough to do it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 01:49:32 PM »
Deep inside, I know that you're right.. but it's too difficult for me.. I hope someday I'll be strong enough and smart enough to do it.

I respect that.   But don't sell yourself short.   And in the meantime you can always take on things here and there gradually. 

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »

Hashem answers you:

Deuteronomy 30:

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not too hard for thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?'
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?'
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. {S}
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil,
16 in that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy G-d, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances; then thou shalt live and multiply, and the LORD thy G-d shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest in to possess it.

Wonderful scriptures of LIFE
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »

believe in what you want..however if you think you are "more free" as a secular Jew...think again..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
If you are not religious and you don't plan to become religious in future, then you can be a supporter of the kahanist agenda for EY but you are not a Kahanist.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »

my brother! I too used to feel and think the same way as you, I was raised secular...but a serious zionist!  my family is still secular, but I have been singled out for some reason by Hashem and been touched in a divine way that i can hardly understand myself. Through a spiritual awakening, my mind has so to speak "downloaded" information that I simply didnt have before and I've been shown the true path to righteousness is in following the ways of the Torah.  Keep in mind i'm a Jew that never put on Tefillin, never kept the Shabat, and I'm covered in tatoos..but Hashem knows my soul yearns for redemption, and true freedom begins with us as Jews accepting his ways. I'm sure you will come around, maybe start with one mitzvah and do it on a regular basis, then move on to others.  Not sure how old you are..I'm in my early 30's.  May Hashem Bless!

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 04:23:13 AM »
Thanks, Golani Zionist.. you're right! And God bless you too..!
:- )

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 05:18:19 AM »
I'm a nationalist, I believe that the whole land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and that they all have to go back to their ancient homeland.
I believe, that the Jewish State must be fully independant, without hand-outs from other countries, and without listening to other countries, it must do its own decisions, independently.
I believe, in sending the Arabs who currently live on the Jewish land (including Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip) back to their homelands (Jordan, Egypt and the rest of the club..)
I believe that extreme leftwing organizations like Shalom Achshav (Peace Now) do not help Israel, but destroy their own state just to help their enemies.

BUT,

I am about where you are. Believe in G-d but not strictly observant. It is more problematic for a woman to be a good Jew because of the subservient position that women are arrogated in Judaism. I am also too much into Western art and culture. There is an underlying hostility in Judaism (the Jewish culture) towards the West and all it represents (see for example what response my positive comment about the Romans elicited some days ago) that is hard for me to accept and overlook. A part of me wants to be a good Jew, and for the other part of me there are insurmountable difficulties in doing so, given that I am a modern woman who loves tradition but doesn't want to accept uncritically the attitudes that were prevalent a long time ago.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »
I'm a nationalist, I believe that the whole land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and that they all have to go back to their ancient homeland.

BUT,

I am about where you are. Believe in G-d but not strictly observant. It is more problematic for a woman to be a good Jew because of the subservient position that women are arrogated in Judaism. I am also too much into Western art and culture. There is an underlying hostility in Judaism (the Jewish culture) towards the West and all it represents (see for example what response my positive comment about the Romans elicited some days ago) that is hard for me to accept and overlook. A part of me wants to be a good Jew, and for the other part of me there are insurmountable difficulties in doing so, given that I am a modern woman who loves tradition but doesn't want to accept uncritically the attitudes that were prevalent a long time ago.

I think some of your opposition to Judaism stems from your misunderstandings. I dont know about women being in a subservient position to men. Men and women are different and have unique missions in life. The woman is not subservient to men but an opposite but equal part of the equation of Jewish survival. You realize that a Jewish woman is a treasure according to our tradition. You also claim to believe that Judaism has antiquated beliefs. I do not understand why you feel this way. The fact is that Jewish history is long and we have had many enemies. The Romans are one good example of a people whom subjugated the Jewish people and have since become extinct. We remember the destruction of the Temple every day in order to long for the rebuilding of the Temple. The belief in the Moshiach and the rebuilding of the Temple is an integral part of the Jewish faith. This is not antiquated no more than remembering the Exodus from Egypt every day. The future of the Jewish people is tied to its history. Everything which happens in the Torah to the Jewish people has happened and will happen again.

Im very sorry you have such a sour view of the wonderful belief system of Judaism. Maybe one day you will be able to open your eyes and accept the awesome heritage you have been born into..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
A "JTFer", following Chayim, has much more of a burning hatred against both Gentile & Jewish left-wingers and traitors than R.Kahane & the older "Kahanists" ever had.

I don't think RMK or BZK actually hated any body: "I don't hate Arabs. I respect Arabs: that's why they have to go!" (RMK).

Hatred in measure serves an important galvanic function: "I hate them with an absolute hatred..." (Tehillim 139).