Author Topic: Obama Implores Democrats To Stay The Course, Blasts GOP For ’Obstruction’  (Read 489 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/obama-implores-democrats-to-stay-the-course-blasts-gop-for-obstruction-19596540/

Obama Implores Democrats To Stay The Course, Blasts GOP For ’Obstruction’

While speaking at a Democratic policy committee conference last week, President Obama urged Senate Democrats to stay aggressive and press ahead with their legislative agenda. He also took several shots at Republican lawmakers, stating that they have been unwilling to compromise and have been impeding progress.

While taking questions from Democratic senators who are up for re-election in November, Obama promised to "call (Republicans) out when (Democrats) extend a hand and get a fist in return," according to CNN.

The president also chided Senate Republicans for demanding that Democrats produce a 60-vote majority on every issue, no matter how arbitrary.

"You had to cast more votes to break filibusters last year than in the entire 1950s and ’60s combined," said Obama. "That’s 20 years of obstruction packed into just one." He added that a filibuster is justified only when there is a legitimate attempt to compromise.

The president also lashed out at members of the GOP for having an "if you lose, I win" mentality, citing examples of Republican maneuvering based solely on political considerations.

In recent months, the administration has come under fire from the GOP for what the party saw as the majority’s attempt to push through healthcare reform legislation behind closed doors, without consulting the Republicans. "I take some fault for this," Obama admitted, quoted by Fox News. "Some of [the] transparency got lost and I think we paid a price for it."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
The man's party has (had  ;D) a super majority in the Congress and it was the Republicans who kept him from fulfilling his agenda? HA!
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
He is a total idiot, so full of himself it makes me sick. He doesn't even SEE they are turning on him! I love it!  :laugh:
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
My side is all Democrats.........blaming Bush. They still can't see the truth!!!  >:(
Hasta La Vista Baby!