Author Topic: 4 kinds of people: Which are you?  (Read 376 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
4 kinds of people: Which are you?
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147493416

There are four kinds of people: the evil, the fence-sitters, the rock throwers and those willing to do what it takes to overcome evil with good.

First, there are those leaders who are evil.  You know their names.  They are the ones to whom we've given the keys to the White House and Congress.  Drunk with power, they rape and pillage the American people.  Exempting themselves, they have placed the American people in a position of servitude – forced to grovel to them even for treatment to save their lives.  They and their followers live by a double standard exemplified by their vitriolic hate for the previous administration and for anyone who dares question this administration.  They never graduated from the grade-school mentality of name-calling.  Their rapid response of "racist!" is on reserve for anyone who disagrees and applies even to African-Americans, as long as they are attending a tea-party demonstration.  They will do anything to shut down that "fishy" (and reportable) communication.  They are few, but they are in power.

The second, and most numerous, type of people are the fence-sitters.  They are afraid of being called mean names and will take any double-dog-dare to avoid it.  They are lazy and fearful followers, unwilling to dig beyond what the extreme media feed them between their entertainment programming. They operate by the "fear of man" and are so concerned about what people may think that they can actually be convinced to vote for a candidate just because of his race and perceived popularity.

They pride themselves on being engaged and "involved" by phoning in their vote on "American Idol." They are followers of the latest fad and rush to the office to repeat the latest liberal talking points. These are the people who, for whatever reason, never progressed beyond high school where their greatest goal was "fitting in."  Their last original thought was where to go to lunch, but even that was decided by the advertising they consume and "where everyone else is going."  These are the people who, if they could find the courage to break out of the matrix of mediocrity, could actually find out the truth and make a difference for good.

The third people group is perhaps the most annoying: They are the rock throwers.  They know the difference between right and wrong; they recognize the evil and are familiar with the followers, but have decided to spend their lives throwing rocks at those who are actually doing (or trying to do) something good.  They've found out the facts, but they are too lazy to lead.  No, they would rather throw rocks at those courageous enough to step out and step up.

The rock-throwers' best accomplishment is writing a letter to the editor, not aimed at eradicating evil, but rather, targeting those working for good.  There's a plethora of imperfect people, so finding fault is easy and makes the rock-throwers feel better about doing nothing.  These people never graduated beyond the junior-high mentality of making fun of the clothes people wear or the way they comb their hair.  They send e-mails all day long:  "I don't like where you're holding that prayer meeting!"  "I don't agree with everything of everyone attending your event!"  Ninety-nine percent of the rock-throwers have never accomplished anything beyond their constant criticism … of those on their side!  These are the time-wasters whose "work" isn't worth reading or a response.

Not too long ago I was invited to a "prestigious" meeting of what was billed as an "elite group" of the next "young leaders."  What I saw was a group of unaccomplished wannabe's who had done nothing but imagine themselves as being better than those who had actually done something.  They showed sound bites of respected Christian leaders, priding themselves on catching them at their most unflattering moments, certain they could do better.  This group of rock-throwers was too naive to know about what happens when the editing machines are controlled by those who hate us.  At that meeting, I raised my hand and said, "Hey, I have an idea – to all of you that think you can do things better, instead of throwing rocks, how about you step out and lead?  See how easy it is, and see if your sound bites are as eloquent as when you've had weeks to think about them after the fact?" Two things happened:  First, I never went back; and second, I never heard or saw anything from any of them.  Just as I expected. Because even "elite" rock-throwers do only one thing – throw rocks at the good guys.

Finally, my favorite group is those willing to step out and lead for good.  Unlike the evil people in power, these leaders aren't motivated by power, prestige or self.  They know the truth and are not content following the familiar or sitting on the fence.  They are the people who will rent a van or bring a bus to come to our nation's capital to pray for a nation overcome with evil, facilitated by the followers and enabled by the rock-throwers.

And there is a meeting of such leaders on Saturday, May 1 – May Day – to cry out to God for our nation in distress.  It's at the Lincoln Memorial even though Lincoln wasn't perfect.  He got one thing right, however (in addition to that whole anti-slavery thing), he acknowledged what God said in Psalm 33:12, "that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord."

So put down the rocks, forgo the fence-sitting and be part of the repentant remnant God will use to take this nation back.  Step up and lead at www.MayDay2010.org. It's not about power or prestige, and it's the opposite of self.  Lead on your knees, reliant on the only one who can reach out His hand of rescue (rather than rhetoric).

Forget the evil, fence-sitters and rock throwers; overcome evil with good.  It begins on May Day. Come and lead.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: 4 kinds of people: Which are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147493416

There are four kinds of people: the evil, the fence-sitters, the rock throwers and those willing to do what it takes to overcome evil with good.

First, there are those leaders who are evil.  You know their names.  They are the ones to whom we've given the keys to the White House and Congress.  Drunk with power, they rape and pillage the American people.  Exempting themselves, they have placed the American people in a position of servitude – forced to grovel to them even for treatment to save their lives.  They and their followers live by a double standard exemplified by their vitriolic hate for the previous administration and for anyone who dares question this administration.  They never graduated from the grade-school mentality of name-calling.  Their rapid response of "racist!" is on reserve for anyone who disagrees and applies even to African-Americans, as long as they are attending a tea-party demonstration.  They will do anything to shut down that "fishy" (and reportable) communication.  They are few, but they are in power.

The second, and most numerous, type of people are the fence-sitters.  They are afraid of being called mean names and will take any double-dog-dare to avoid it.  They are lazy and fearful followers, unwilling to dig beyond what the extreme media feed them between their entertainment programming. They operate by the "fear of man" and are so concerned about what people may think that they can actually be convinced to vote for a candidate just because of his race and perceived popularity.

They pride themselves on being engaged and "involved" by phoning in their vote on "American Idol." They are followers of the latest fad and rush to the office to repeat the latest liberal talking points. These are the people who, for whatever reason, never progressed beyond high school where their greatest goal was "fitting in."  Their last original thought was where to go to lunch, but even that was decided by the advertising they consume and "where everyone else is going."  These are the people who, if they could find the courage to break out of the matrix of mediocrity, could actually find out the truth and make a difference for good.

The third people group is perhaps the most annoying: They are the rock throwers.  They know the difference between right and wrong; they recognize the evil and are familiar with the followers, but have decided to spend their lives throwing rocks at those who are actually doing (or trying to do) something good.  They've found out the facts, but they are too lazy to lead.  No, they would rather throw rocks at those courageous enough to step out and step up.

The rock-throwers' best accomplishment is writing a letter to the editor, not aimed at eradicating evil, but rather, targeting those working for good.  There's a plethora of imperfect people, so finding fault is easy and makes the rock-throwers feel better about doing nothing.  These people never graduated beyond the junior-high mentality of making fun of the clothes people wear or the way they comb their hair.  They send e-mails all day long:  "I don't like where you're holding that prayer meeting!"  "I don't agree with everything of everyone attending your event!"  Ninety-nine percent of the rock-throwers have never accomplished anything beyond their constant criticism … of those on their side!  These are the time-wasters whose "work" isn't worth reading or a response.

Not too long ago I was invited to a "prestigious" meeting of what was billed as an "elite group" of the next "young leaders."  What I saw was a group of unaccomplished wannabe's who had done nothing but imagine themselves as being better than those who had actually done something.  They showed sound bites of respected Christian leaders, priding themselves on catching them at their most unflattering moments, certain they could do better.  This group of rock-throwers was too naive to know about what happens when the editing machines are controlled by those who hate us.  At that meeting, I raised my hand and said, "Hey, I have an idea – to all of you that think you can do things better, instead of throwing rocks, how about you step out and lead?  See how easy it is, and see if your sound bites are as eloquent as when you've had weeks to think about them after the fact?" Two things happened:  First, I never went back; and second, I never heard or saw anything from any of them.  Just as I expected. Because even "elite" rock-throwers do only one thing – throw rocks at the good guys.

Finally, my favorite group is those willing to step out and lead for good.  Unlike the evil people in power, these leaders aren't motivated by power, prestige or self.  They know the truth and are not content following the familiar or sitting on the fence.  They are the people who will rent a van or bring a bus to come to our nation's capital to pray for a nation overcome with evil, facilitated by the followers and enabled by the rock-throwers.

And there is a meeting of such leaders on Saturday, May 1 – May Day – to cry out to G-d for our nation in distress.  It's at the Lincoln Memorial even though Lincoln wasn't perfect.  He got one thing right, however (in addition to that whole anti-slavery thing), he acknowledged what G-d said in Psalm 33:12, "that those nations only are blessed whose G-d is the Lord."

So put down the rocks, forgo the fence-sitting and be part of the repentant remnant G-d will use to take this nation back.  Step up and lead at www.MayDay2010.org. It's not about power or prestige, and it's the opposite of self.  Lead on your knees, reliant on the only one who can reach out His hand of rescue (rather than rhetoric).

Forget the evil, fence-sitters and rock throwers; overcome evil with good.  It begins on May Day. Come and lead.

I hope most of us are in the last category.