Author Topic: Poll: Obama has Lost Almost Half of his US Jewish Support  (Read 1420 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Poll: Obama has Lost Almost Half of his US Jewish Support
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
United States President Barack Obama has lost nearly half of his support among American Jews, a poll by the McLaughlin Group has shown.

The US Jews polled were asked whether they would: (a) vote to re-elect Obama, or (b) consider voting for someone else. 42% said they would vote for Obama and 46%, a plurality, preferred the second answer. 12% said they did not know or refused to answer.   

In the Presidential elections of 2008, 78% of Jewish voters, or close to 8 out of 10, chose Obama. The McLaughlin poll held nearly 18 months later, in April 2010, appears to show that support is down to around 4 out of 10.

The poll showed that key voter segments including Orthodox/Hassidic voters, Conservative voters, voters who have friends and family in Israel and those who have been to Israel, are all more likely to consider voting for someone other than Obama.

Among Orthodox/Hassidic voters, 69% marked 'someone else' vs. 17% who marked 're-elect.' Among Conservative-affiliated voters the proportion was 50% to 38%. Among Reform Jews, a slim majority of 52% still supported Obama while 36% indicated they would consider someone else. Among Jews with family in Israel and those who had been to Israel, about 50% said they would consider someone else, while 41%-42% supported Obama.

Fifty percent of the Jewish voters polled said they approved of the job Obama is doing handling US relations with Israel. Thirty-nine percent said they disapproved. “This rating is not good for a group of voters who are 59% Democratic to only 16% Republican,” the poll's analysis noted.

A majority of 52% said they disapproved of the idea of the Obama Administration supporting a plan to recognize a Palestinian state within two years. 62% said that if given a state, “the Palestinians would continue their campaign of terror to destroy Israel.” Only 19% thought they would live peacefully with Israel.   

As Obama loses support among members of the influential Jewish voter bloc, possible Republican candidate Sarah Palin seems to be doing her best to woo them to her camp. At Time Magazine’s May 4 dinner honoring the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World,’ she was sporting a US/Israel flag pin. (IsraelNationalNews.com)

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Poll: Obama has Lost Almost Half of his US Jewish Support
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »
Oh Reform Jews... will they ever learn?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:34:05 PM »
It's better to be late than never.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
I don't think that shameless wigger cares.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
I'm curious how someone can be an Orthodox Jew and vote for Obama, or any democrat for that matter. I would think Orthodox Jews have the most stringent religious doctrine that is opposed to liberalism.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »

A REAL Jew by definition, can only be Conservative politically/socially, and a Zionist.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »
Human beings are well-known for their ability to compartmentalize, but this is really nuts, that over half still apparently support Obama.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
It's better to be late than never.

In this case, they are too late.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
Oh give me a break. Most American Jews would vote for Jeremiah Wright if he were running against a conservative Republican.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
Human beings are well-known for their ability to compartmentalize, but this is really nuts, that over half still apparently support Obama.

Liberal Jews are as safe a bet to vote democrat as blacks or muslims are.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
Oh give me a break. Most American Jews would vote for Jeremiah Wright if he were running against a conservative Republican.
I would not say most but I would say more then should.... I makes me sad to see this in a way because intelligent people should not be going into the election booth and voting for liberal politicians who for the most part are stabbing their constituency in the back.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 02:07:33 AM »
This is still far from what it should be.  Osama has proven that he thinks Jews building in their anscestral homeland is worse than Iran building nuclear bombs.  What kind of yehudon would support him after that?  I'm even surprised to see 17% of Orthodox Jews wanted to re-elect Osama, even that seems high.

well said.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 03:24:08 AM »
yes,maybe i should change my largely negative view of us jewry.they just now proved that apart from chaim and kahane not all of them are leftists. :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.