Author Topic: Jewish boxer Yuri Foreman defending his title against Cotto tonight :)  (Read 996 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm hoping he wins, Yuri Foreman is a observant Jewish man. Undefeated too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_foreman

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
He is also to become a Rabbi one day.  This is a good thing, Chaim made a point about boxing being bad for a person as a career because they end up with mush brains.  As much as I enjoy there being a great Jewish boxer out there doing his stuff, I don't want Yuri to have the mush brains.  I do hope he trashes Cotto tonight though!  May Yuri be surrounded by the wings of the Shekhinah on all sides!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
He is also to become a Rabbi one day.  This is a good thing, Chaim made a point about boxing being bad for a person as a career because they end up with mush brains.  As much as I enjoy there being a great Jewish boxer out there doing his stuff, I don't want Yuri to have the mush brains.  I do hope he trashes Cotto tonight though!  May Yuri be surrounded by the wings of the Shekhinah on all sides!

Some of the best boxers in the world were Jewish though, theres not too many today. I have yet to see one in MMA.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Cotto won, Foreman injured his leg but he stuck in it throughout the injury. Still Foreman is tough as hell for continuing to fight through the injury. I think Foreman may have torn his ACL, hope he's ok.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:40:55 PM by White Israelite »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Cotto won, Foreman injured his leg but he stuck in it throughout the injury. Still Foreman is tough as hell for continuing to fight through the injury. I think Foreman may have torn his ACL, hope he's ok.
Can't win them all.  Maybe this will accelerate his entry into Rabbinical school. 

Perhaps he will one day teach little Jew boys how to defend themselves.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

I like his t-shirt, the star of David outline with the lion in it is really cool!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Even though Foreman didn't win, the crowd was cheering like crazy because he continued to want to fight despite his leg giving out on him several times, that alone showed a lot of courage and I believe Foreman won a lot of fans because of that. His opponent also showed respect for him as well, I don't know too many guys who would continue to fight after tearing an ACL like that through 2-3 more rounds.