Author Topic: Next Hizbullah War May Be Over Israel’s Gas and Oil Fields?  (Read 800 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22

Hizbullah has laid claim to a huge oil and gas field that Israel discovered off its northeastern Mediterranean Coast -- and which Lebanon already has claimed as well.

The terrorist organization warned that it will not allow Israel to take possession of the offshore fields, which could make the Jewish State energy self-sufficient for the first time in history.

The As-Safir Lebanese newspaper told its readers that the gas field “was located between Israeli and Cypriot territorial waters and stretches toward the Lebanese coast.”Lebanese newspapers also reported that previous Israeli gas finds “were either taking place in areas stretching to Lebanese territorial waters or other spots far away from the Israeli coast.”

Hizbullah’s claims were stated by the party’s executive council chief Hashem Safieddine, who was quoted by the Tehran Times as saying it would not allow Israel to “loot” Lebanese gas resources.

Lebanese parliamentary speaker Nabih Berri previously said, “Israel is racing to make the case a fait accompli and was quick to present itself as an oil emirate, ignoring the fact that, according to the maps, the deposit extends into Lebanese waters. Exploring our options in this field is our best bet to pay off Lebanon's debts.”

The Israeli government immediately responded to the Lebanese claims, saying they are totally unfounded and that all of the gas and oil fields are off the coast of Israel and not Lebanon.

Dr. Yaakov Mimran, director of energy exploration for the National Infrastructures Ministry, called the claims "nonsense.” He added, "These noises occur when they smell gas. Until then they sit quietly and let the other side spend the money.”

Marine law expert Amir Cohen-Dor told the Globes business news service that the Dalit and Tamar gas fields are within Israel's contiguous economic zone, and that United Nations regulations clearly state that Israel can develop them.

(IsraelNationalNews.com)
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Next Hizbullah War May Be Over Israel’s Gas and Oil Fields?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
I don't anticipate war over this gas field. More Likely is that the Lebanese will try to stall the development by filing international claims and demanding arbitrations.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:10:16 AM »
This gas claim is clearly Israeli and not muslim nazi.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133118

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »
I knew the Arabs wanted this also!!  Figures, they want the to kill every Jew, take the land, and take the oil and gas.

Dirty Arab roaches. 

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 06:19:15 AM »
Israel, please be alert at all times, I think the Arabs and the Russians will try to confiscate oil and gas!