Author Topic: Gallup Poll Says : Support for Israel at all time high  (Read 1440 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Gallup Poll Says : Support for Israel at all time high
« on: July 15, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »
It is good to read a nugget of good news in the sea of bad news I see every day... Apparently those who support Israel in America outnumber those who oppose it...

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/07/14/2740065/support-for-israel-near-record-high

Support for Israel near record high, Gallup Poll shows

July 14, 2010

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Support for Israel among Americans is at a near record high, a new poll showed.

According to the Gallup Poll, 63 percent of Americans say their sympathies in the Middle East conflict are with Israel, while 15 percent side with the Palestinians. The rest favor both sides, neither side or have no opinion.

Support for Israel was higher only in 1991, shortly after Israel was hit with Scud missiles during the Gulf War, when it was at 64 percent.

The poll, conducted in early February, was part of Gallup’s annual World Affairs survey in which Americans were asked a series of questions about their opinions of 20 countries or entities, including Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Israel’s ranking, at 67 percent favorable, was among the highest of the countries surveyed. The Palestinian Authority, at 20 percent, was among the lowest.

Support for Israel increased more among Republicans and independents than Democrats, the poll showed. Since 2001, there has been an increase of 25 points among Republicans and 18 points among independents. Support for Israel among Democrats has stayed about the same.

Asked whether peace eventually will be reached in the Middle East, 67 percent of respondents answered “doubtful” and 30 percent said “there will come a time” when there will be peace.

In a general trend over the past 10 years, Democrats were more optimistic than Republicans about the chances for peace. Thirty-nine percent of Democrats said it will come; 25 percent of Republicans agreed.

Pollsters conducted telephone interviews with a random sampling of 1,025 American adults between Feb. 1 and 3. The poll has a 4 percent margin of error.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Gallup Poll Says : Support for Israel at all time high
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:19:01 PM »
Seems like the Jew haters outnumber the decent people, just how I feel.   Actually it feels like 99 percent of the world hates the Jews, and they probably do.  But anyway, I guess it's a good result.   Israel should do what it has to do, even if polls are against them.   

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »
It's important to notice WHY these people support Israel, despite every attempt by the mainstream media to make the Palescumians look like poor victims and Israel like an evil oppressor.

It's Bible believing Christians who support Israel regardless of all of that.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
hmmmmmm....If THIS is considered the all-time high, I'd hate to see what the LOW is. Wait a minute, I think happened in 1939.....and dozens of other times throughout history.   >:(

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »
15 percent pro fakestine is too many
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
I am quite skeptical of this poll. The vast majority of Americans don't give a damn about Israel, at best. I guess that's better than in Europe and the rest of the world, where most people actively hate Israel.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »
I am quite skeptical of this poll. The vast majority of Americans don't give a damn about Israel, at best. I guess that's better than in Europe and the rest of the world, where most people actively hate Israel.

Most people are ignorant... some even think Israel is just another Arab country.  The only people who have strong feelings about Israel are the conservative christians, the Muslims, and the religious jews.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 04:04:30 AM »
This "support" is, obviously, false. Sadly most Americans are evil, and that was proved in the last elections when they chose a Hitlerite. If you ask these "supporters" if they agree with Final Solution which will begin with the destruction of Judea, Samaria and "East" Jerusalem, they will say yes (probably). Some "'supporters" are missionaries, etc.

America is doomed.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 05:31:43 AM »
Well the numbers could be the numbers but who knows what the sample base was...Different parts of the country will get different poll results. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "The vast majority of Americans don't give a damn about Israel" . It's not in an actual evil respect it's that they just can't be bothered or concerned with Israel and its problems. Most Americans view the situation with total disinterest and deem it unimportant to them here in America.  Israel has been in the news every day for the last 60+ years and most Americans view the situation as unresolvable. One thing I have noticed over the years is that when Israel takes strong action and pushes the Arabs back American support for Israel goes way up. Israel has not done a good job protecting it's interests over the years... Anytime they were asked for land concessions they always leave the door open for talks....Why would any country or person with legitimate claim to land allow this sort of dialog... The answer from Israel   should have always been NO THE LAND IS OURS!!  Arabs living there now can continue to do so as long as they do so in a law abiding way...How much simpler could it be then that.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Thaar_Revenge

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 07:25:16 AM »
That is a lie. This is just make anti-Islam propaganda. And it seems to work. Germany should be nuked for forbidding IHH peaceful humanitarian aid organisation. Stupid Nazis! They should thank Hamas for kicking some Joo asses. But they constantly hate us for trying to finish their job.