Author Topic: PLO terrorist news agency interviews David HaIvri as "Jewish Settler" view  (Read 411 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139464

Shomron Activist Quoted on PA Site: US Pressure is Pointless

by Hillel Fendel

The PA-based Ma’an News Agency has solicited opinions from people in the news on the negotiations that are about to begin in Washington: two Arabs, one Peace Now member, and, surprisingly, what they term a “Jewish settler” from the heart of Shomron, David Ha’Ivri.

Ha’Ivri concentrated in his remarks on the lack of helpfulness inherent in the U.S. pressure on both Israel and the Palestinian Authority. This pressure is “actually counterproductive,” he writes. “Peace is not made by negotiators; peace is made by neighbors. Twisting the arms of our leaders and forcing them to pose for a photo op with American President Barack Obama will not make our people love each other any more.”

“These direct talks are really not about Israel and the PA,” Ha’Ivri states, “and not even about Netanyahu and Abbas. This charade is all about Obama, who is losing popularity in both Muslim and Jewish support bases in America… America's unaccomplished president will have his prize as soon as he finishes posing with the two leaders and can hang that picture next to similar ones of Jimmy Carter and George Bush.”

“Traveling 9,000 kilometers away from the problem does not bring us any closer to the solution,” Ha’Ivri wrote on Ma’an. “True peace in the region will only emerge through local efforts based on local prescriptions… If peace is the ultimate goal, talks in these circumstances will surely take us further from it; we see that both sides have become aggravated from the pressure and [are acting] like trapped animals looking for a way out. The time has come for our peoples to develop our own brave leadership that will have the wisdom to say ‘Thank you but, no thank you’ to foreign powers who wish to impose their policies on our local issues… We are in no need of their timetables and frame-works. We will work out our differences at our own pace with our own local solutions that very well might be totally revolutionary to the Western concepts that they wish to force-feed us.”

Ali Abunimah
Another participant in the Ma’an forum was journalist Ali Abunimah, who was recently cited on Israel National News for writing a New York Times op-ed defending Hamas. He wrote for Ma’an that “the talks have no chance of reaching the stated destination of ‘two-states living side by side in peace’ and that is not their purpose. So who benefits from this futile and deceptive exercise?” He answers that it is mainly Israel, which will be able to “steer a course between carrying on with its aggressive colonization and slow ethnic cleansing of occupied Jerusalem and the rest of the West Bank while fending off international pressure.”

Obama will also benefit, Abunimah writes in agreement with Ha’Ivri, as will Abbas, because “the long-dead peace process provides the only justification for [the PA’s] continued existence, which has become an oppressive burden on the Palestinian people and a barely disguised tool of Israel's occupation…”

Though he does not mention Hamas, it is clear where his sympathies lies.

Peace Now President
Debra DeLee, president of Americans for Peace Now in Washington, D.C., writes in the Ma’an forum that she is “excited” over the talks, which she notes are taking place “under the auspices of President Obama, who clearly is committed to achieving peace.” She also is optimistic that “Abbas is coming to the table with the explicit backing of the entire Arab world.” She is aware that previous peace talks have floundered, but believes that with “political courage and determination,” peace in the Middle East can be achieved within a year.

Maen Areikat, PLO
Finally, Maen Areikat, ambassador of the PLO General Delegation to Washington, D.C., who blames Israel for continuing to “impos[e] facts on the ground, defy international law, and act as a state above the law.” He notes that the PA will pursue peace even “if there’s even a glimmer of hope” – but “not at any cost.”

Ma’an states on its website that it is “considered the main source of independent news” from the Palestinian Authority. It is a part of the Ma’an network, a non-profit media organization founded in 2002 to strengthen professional independent PA media.
(IsraelNationalNews.com)

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: PLO terrorist news agency interviews David HaIvri as "Jewish Settler" view
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:26:14 AM »
On the one hand, what he says is overly PC - he implies that there is even something to negotiate.

On the other hand, what he says is sensible if the "solutions amongst ourselves" includes throwing the Arabs out.

But I think he fails to comprehend that Netanyahu does not share his views and really wants the foreign involvement, like the rest of the Israeli regime.  Their goal is to create a fakestinian state according to foreign demands and guidelines because they think that is in their favor to do so.   It would be great if people who thought like HaIvri's comments were running the Israeli regime, but they aren't.

So the article gives only 3 of the 4 perspectives involved.  I think it exemplifies the PLO perspective well, the Hamas perspective well, and the self-respecting Jewish perspective.   But it left out the Israeli govt perspective which would be quite similar to the vapid idiocy that is spewed by the American Peace Now clown.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »
בס''ד

If David HaIvri were running the Israeli government, G-d forbid, he would give in to the pressure faster than Netanyahu.

Here is what I wrote about this fraud on another thread:

For years, David HaIvri's hideous forum made the most vicious and slanderous attacks on JTF in general and on me in particular. They referred to me as a Nazi, a racist, a terrorist, and even compared me to Hitler. I never said a bad word about HaIvri or his pathetic pseudo-organization. In fact, I did not even know they existed until someone showed me their vile hatemongering that had been going on for years.

David HaIvri never accomplished one thing for the Jewish people. On the contrary, he has only damaged the Jewish cause. Before the Gush Katif expulsion, HaIvri promised the news media that he would bring 10,000 people to the Temple Mount to pray. The media gave his promise massive attention because they knew he was bluffing. On the day of the "massive prayer" gathering, only 10 people showed up, not 10,000. The media used this for days to show how the opponents of the expulsion are all talk, are all one big bluff, are all one big joke. HaIvri badly hurt the morale of the religious nationalist camp with his stupid and amateurish bluff.

Aside from this disastrous incident, HaIvri has never done anything else that got major attention. He poses as a Kahanist when he wants to raise money from Kahanists. But in reality, HaIvri works with the traitor Yesha Council who betrayed the struggle to save Gush Katif. HaIvri is a liar and a fraud.

I notice that there are members here who say, "Even if HaIvri's forum called Chaim a Nazi and compared him to Hitler, that doesn't mean that HaIvri is bad". Really? I wonder how these members would react if someone spent years publicly slandering them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
Certainly I wouldn't want him in particular running the govt, but at least people who think that the Jewish people should work out the problems themselves without the foreign "mediation" and instruction.