Author Topic: Kosher Pizza?  (Read 12733 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Kosher Pizza?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
Re:  "I am disappointed with this kind of comment... I would expect this kind of thing from Massuh... "

You'll burn in HELL for ETERNITY for saying that!    :nono:

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
  • Hello kids. Say no to 3rd reich
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
Do you think this is funny? I don't... It is very, very important for Jews to keep as Kosher as possible. Those who think it is a joke are only fooling themselves.
We don't keep kosher because we are afraid of Gehinnom, we keep kosher because of Ahavat Hashem and doing mitzvot are the way a Jew gets close to Hashem...
I am disappointed with this kind of comment... I would expect this kind of thing from Massuh...

Joke? No this is not a joke its a sad, sad reality (. About the rest you wrote..... this is your believe and your own business, after all thats one of reasons why we establish our own state. So you can relax, if i am not religious thats does not mean i am a traitor or something.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »
Re:  "I am disappointed with this kind of comment... I would expect this kind of thing from Massuh... "

You'll burn in HELL for ETERNITY for saying that!    :nono:

And what that makes you, with this kind of statement? Hell expert probably ^^. Do you got extra ideas about religious people here in Israel who burning our flags inside jerusalem? They probably keep everything kosher, shame i can`t say anything about the rest.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »
Re:  "And what that makes you, with this kind of statement? Hell expert probably ^^. "

What that makes ME, is the world's foremost authority.     :o

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
It truly is a test to live in a world where there are foods which smell great and look great but a Jew because of his love of G-d abstains from. Especially if that Jew had strayed in his youth and indulged in forbidden foods. Later in life when he or she wants to return to the proper path and the memories of eating Bacon Cheeseburgers and Pork Ribs are still in their minds it is difficult when others parade these foods in front of them.

Keeping Kosher is an important mitzvah and helps remind a Jew that he is Jewish. I have to wrap myself in tzit-tzits, grow my peyot, and weap a kippah to remind me not to eat treif. If I look Jewish to myself I know that if I eat treif in public I will be doing a chillul hashem... This helps keep me from eating forbidden foods which I developed a taste for.

Part of the equation is that Judaism teaches that two of Hashems qualities {Sefirot} are Chessed and Gevurah... Chessed is kindness and in my analogy represents indulging in pleasure while Gevurah is restraint and refraining from indulging in forbidden activities. Life is a balance between Chessed and Gevurah...

http://www.aish.com/sp/k/48961961.html
Chesed-kindness and gevurah-strength work in tandem, defining G-d's interaction with the world as a right/left pull/push phenomenon.

Before we proceed further to discuss more of the Ten Sefirot, it would be wise to spend more time on the interaction between chesed and gevurah.

These two sefirot are probably the most widely used to describe G-d's actions in the world.

We could describe the sefirot we have previously discussed (chochmah-wisdom, binah-understanding and daat-knowledge) as "preparatory," and the sefirot we will discuss later (netzach-victory, hod-awe, yesod-foundation and malchut-monarchy) as "tactical." In this sense, chesed-kindness, gevurah-strength and tiferet-beauty are "central."

The interaction between these two sefirot is the first parallel (as opposed to linear) interaction in the system of sefirot. That is, chochmah cannot act simultaneously with binah. It is only after chochmah has come up with the initial idea, that binah can process it. And only after binah has processed the information, can it become daat.

However, with chesed and gevurah it is different. On the one hand, it is still possible to imagine it as a continuum. For example, the foundation block of creation was chesed, whereas its continuation was gevurah, as we have described in the last installment of this series. On the other hand, chesed and gevurah may work simultaneously. Thus when a certain event occurs, we may analyze the chesed components and the gevurah components that are simultaneously a part of the event.

The metaphor most commonly used to describe this phenomenon is right and left.

The Ten Sefirot find their representation in body parts -- chesed and gevurah are the hands.

Different parts of the body can be used to represent different sefirot, a topic which we will discuss at greater length at a later time. Whereas the first three sefirot of intellect find their corresponding metaphor in the brain, the sefirot of chesed and gevurah find their representation in the hands. The reason is that they are the primary vehicles for G-d's "actions" in the same way that the hands are the primary vehicle for human activity.

The metaphor is more specific in the sense that there is a correspondence between the "right" and "left" aspect of the human limbs, and the interaction of chesed and gevurah.

Imagine both hands pushing a cart, or hauling a bucket. In such a case there is no difference between the two hands. It is basically two "times" one hand, the correlation of right/left is inconsequential. True the right hand head is a little stronger, but the job is the same for both and as such it would not be appropriate to use the correlation as a metaphor for the chesed and gevurah relationship.

THE COUNTERBALANCE

But let us now take a different case. A person is hammering a nail into a board. The right hand pounds in the nail, whilst the left one holds the board down. A person screws in a screw with his right hand, and the left one pressures a nut in the opposite direction. Or a sculptor's right hand chisels stone, while his left hand holds the stone steady. In these examples, the right and left hand are cooperating -– by acting in a counter fashion!

We see from this that chesed and gevurah are acting simultaneously towards the same goal –- by exerting forces in opposite directions.

Let us be a little more specific regarding the specific roles of chesed and gevurah. When the sculptor chisels the stone, his right hand naturally takes the chipped stone along with the motion of his chisel. His left hand, however, holds the stone in place, and through the resistance to the movement of the chisel gives the stone its sense of "self." Thus, the stone is not taken along with the chisel, but rather it stands its own ground. Although the right hand has acted upon it, it has retained its own properties, while bearing the right hand's "message."

This describes exactly the relationship of chesed as the "right hand" and gevurah as the "left hand."

The main purpose of God's deeds is kindness -- thus chesed is stronger than gevurah.

The main purpose of God's deeds is kindness. Thus chesed is the stronger and more dominant of the two sefirot. And it is performing the act that God really had in mind.

But we have previously described the problem inherent in chesed. If a person lives as a beneficiary of someone else's largesse, then he loses his own identity. He becomes a vessel of the benefactor. This would be similar to the board being swept up in the motion of the hammer.

Therein, the sefirah of gevurah assists. It is the "left hand" that pushes in the opposite direction and gives the board its own existence. Whereas the right hand pulls along, the left hand pushes back. Whereas the attribute of chesed draws things into God's sphere of being, gevurah pushes the object away and proclaims: "Away from me, stand on your own two feet; earn your own keep."

The Rabbis of the Talmud have taught us:

A person should always draw people closer by means of his right hand, and push them aside with his left hand. (Sotah 47)

It is an important lesson in human relationships. The stronger and more dominant feature of human interaction should be the drawing closer and friendship of people. But enough "push" must be included to allow for the retaining of individual self. Benevolence towards an independent individual creates bonds and bridges; towards a dependant person, it creates annexation and is overwhelming.

(As an interesting footnote to this topic it is worth noting that people who were involved in Kabbalah study, such as many of the Chassidic groups, liked to wear their garments with the right side overlapping the left, to demonstrate this relationship. This is in contrast to modern western style where men's garments, i.e. shirts and coats, have a left/right overlap.)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »
Re:  "And what that makes you, with this kind of statement? Hell expert probably ^^. "

What that makes ME, is the world's foremost authority.     :o

Very gooottttttttt!!!!!! Do you also wear some special "world`s authority" uniform for an addon.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
Do you think this is funny? I don't... It is very, very important for Jews to keep as Kosher as possible. Those who think it is a joke are only fooling themselves.
We don't keep kosher because we are afraid of Gehinnom, we keep kosher because of Ahavat Hashem and doing mitzvot are the way a Jew gets close to Hashem...
I am disappointed with this kind of comment... I would expect this kind of thing from Massuh...

Joke? No this is not a joke its a sad, sad reality (. About the rest you wrote..... this is your believe and your own business, after all thats one of reasons why we establish our own state. So you can relax, if i am not religious thats does not mean i am a traitor or something.

Hey genius, the guy asked about the pizza because he cares about the laws of kashrut.   If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law.  It certainly doesn't help the one who asked the question - it wastes his time.   

Now, do you want some kind of medal?   

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »

Hey genius, the guy asked about the pizza because he cares about the laws of kashrut.   If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law.  It certainly doesn't help the one who asked the question - it wastes his time.   

+1

:::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

HUH?  :laugh:
Well caveman with Internet access, if you will read the entire thread you will find out that the answer to a kosher question was answered long before i posted. My goal was to calm the man down. I don`t know from where you came with conclusion that i don`t care about traditions, but whatever. Your mission is to leave some nasty comment and crawl back to your rock. At least you know how to admire youself  :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »

Well caveman with Internet access, if you will read the entire thread you will find out that the answer to a kosher question was answered long before i posted. My goal was to calm the man down. I don`t know from where you came with conclusion that i don`t care about traditions, but whatever. Your mission is to leave some nasty comment and crawl back to your rock. At least you know how to admire youself  :::D

FreedomFighter,

I would not be so disrespectful of KWRBT... He contributes a lot to the Torah & Jewish idea section and is quite knowledgeable . I am sorry that your attempt at humor was not received in the intended way. But this is the Torah & Jewish Idea section and most readers and contributors are respectful of those of us Jews who are observant of the Mitzvot. From our perspective it seems rather out-of-touch to just say 'don't keep kosher' because it is not relevant to 'you' today....

All I ask is that you respect the Jewish beliefs and try not to cause others to transgress even if you do not observe.

Thank you..

BTW: KWRBT is no 'cave-man' as you put it... He is a very bright scientist who brings a lot of science knowledge to the forum also.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
Well here goes another one who don`t know how to read or he is doing this deliberately.

All I ask is that you respect the Jewish beliefs and try not to cause others to transgress even if you do not observe.

I never said anything that shows disrespect towards my religious traditions. I can reply this 100 times, in case you don`t get it. Stop making thing up  :laugh:.

It seems like you really like to jump on others, is this your main hobby in addition to "science"? 24 on pc is his science. Really hard not to call you names and i know you trying to provoke other in very desperate ways.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 01:54:42 PM »

Nice try.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »

Nice try.
Same to you )

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
Well if you unable to prove the statement you made about me, you can try to repeat it couple of times. At least you will convince youself..... scientist  :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
Well if you unable to prove the statement you made about me, you can try to repeat it couple of times. At least you will convince youself..... scientist  :laugh:

FF,

What are you trying to accomplish here? You seem to want to continue calling people names and insulting their intelligence.

Let us look at the post which I found offensive:

So is there a such thing as kosher pizza? I really like to go to a local dive bar here and they have awsome tasting pizza, I realize that it is forbidden to mix meat with cheese but what if it is just pizza with veggies or just cheese?

You can eat everything you want this days, tickets to hell are run out long time ago. Don`t worry ^^

You state 'You can eat everything you want this days, tickets to hell are run out long time ago. Don't worry..."

To an observant Jew, like myself, it seems you are encouraging Jews to eat whatever they want. Was this your intention or are we dealing with a communication problem {like maybe you don't know English very well?}. If it was not intended to persuade a Jew to eat non-Kosher then I will apologize, but it certainly seems to me that you knew full well what you were saying.

Obviously the mitzvot are not important to you. I rebuke you for this because as a Jew it is my responsibility to rebuke those who lead others astray. I cannot tell you to keep more kosher because you will not listen to me. You have copped a defensive attitude which is driven by your ego. Why do you have any anger at KWRBT? I was the one who originally pointed out that your response was inappropriate for a Jewish Torah forum.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
You don`t want to give up ha. Ok.

What are you trying to accomplish here? You seem to want to continue calling people names and insulting their intelligence.
Well the same question i can ask you? What was the reason to jump and made a rude reply to my comment and calling me names. The feedback to my "joke" (if you want to call it this way) was already written, including you, sending me to Hell for it. Are you bored and gather attention this way? Well i can continiue this until you will be finaly happy. Judging by your behavior its almost imposible to do.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
I don`t know from where you came with conclusion that i don`t care about traditions, but whatever.

But the same guy also wrote:

Quote from: FreedomDefender
You can eat everything you want this days, tickets to hell are run out long time ago. Don`t worry ^^

Case closed.

Btw FD, my comment was a conditional - that means it utilized the word "if."

as in, "If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law. "

Because that was the impression your comment gave.   And now you ask how did I ever find that impression?  Well, I quoted you.  That's where it came from.   

Now, have any additional insults to sling, or are you finished?

And do you still want a medal?

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 07:20:02 AM »
Because that was the impression your comment gave.   And now you ask how did I ever find that impression?  Well, I quoted you.  That's where it came from.

I don`t know from where you came with conclusion that i don`t care about traditions, but whatever.

I still don`t know how this is insulting, but whatever. As i said, you can continue with this and find something even more interesting. Your hobby probably ).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:23:32 AM by FreedomDefender »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »

I still don`t know how this is insulting, but whatever. As i said, you can continue with this and find something even more interesting. Your hobby probably ).

You have real problems with reading comprehension.

Nothing was insulting... until you started insulting me personally.    I never claimed your original statement was "insulting."  So stop obfuscating.

Insults are statements like - "caveman with Internet access,"  "Your mission is to leave some nasty comment and crawl back to your rock. "   "At least you know how to admire youself"

These are insults.   I'm not calling anything else an insult, so stop pretending you don't know why I'm calling your statements insults.     These insults only came after-the-fact, when you didn't like how I replied to you.

Your original statement was merely irrelevant, a waste of time, not helpful, and with a host of other ways to describe it, but I never said it was insulting.   You need to read carefully.   Once I pointed out that your comment wasn't helpful and asked you if you wanted a medal, you started your onslaught of personal insults.    Very petty.   And, again, a waste of everyone's time.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
Nothing was insulting... until you started insulting me personally.    I never claimed your original statement was "insulting."  So stop obfuscating.
Well. This is exactly what you are doing right now. First you accuse me of being insulting towards my religious traditions and now you claim that i only insult you. So i am not going to hell? Make you mind please.

Your original statement was merely irrelevant, a waste of time, not helpful, and with a host of other ways to describe it, but I never said it was insulting.

You did in fact. Now you changing the subject.

You need to read carefully.   Once I pointed out that your comment wasn't helpful and asked you if you wanted a medal, you started your onslaught of personal insults.

Well here is something that will put an end to your false conclusions about me and it related to a main topic for a change.
Pizza which made by Jewish tradition, could be "Halavit", "Parve" and "Basarit". Also its very important to check "Batsek" ingredients and how it was made. I hope you know what that words mean. Have a nice day

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »
Looks like I didn't miss much.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
nope ^^  ;D

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
Well. This is exactly what you are doing right now. First you accuse me of being insulting towards my religious traditions and now you claim that i only insult you. So i am not going to hell? Make you mind please.

I didn't accuse you of that.  Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.   You need to read carefully.

Your original statement was merely irrelevant, a waste of time, not helpful, and with a host of other ways to describe it, but I never said it was insulting.

You did in fact. Now you changing the subject.

No, I didn't.   I quoted myself exactly and in that quote it does not say "insulting" or anything implying it.   So I would tell you to quote me to prove your claim, but I've already quoted myself in full!   Now you are just lying.

Here is the quote again - "If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law. "

You need to read carefully.   Once I pointed out that your comment wasn't helpful and asked you if you wanted a medal, you started your onslaught of personal insults.

Well here is something that will put an end to your false conclusions about me and it related to a main topic for a change.
Pizza which made by Jewish tradition, could be "Halavit", "Parve" and "Basarit". Also its very important to check "Batsek" ingredients and how it was made. I hope you know what that words mean. Have a nice day

Um, ok.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 03:11:45 AM »
I didn't accuse you of that.  Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.   You need to read carefully.
Well, lets see what we got here.
If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law.

It seems you an expert on false accusations of others. Got anything else? Or should i give a medal right away.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »
Well, lets see what we got here.
If you personally don't care about kashrut, you offer nothing constructive to the conversation by expressing your disdain for Jewish law.

It seems you an expert on false accusations of others. Got anything else? Or should i give a medal right away.

1.  Disdain and insult are different words with different meanings.

2.  The entire statement I made was a conditional prefaced by the word, "if."   (I've already said this once).

Any further questions?