Author Topic: Illegals free to canvass for votes  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Illegals free to canvass for votes
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1215698

An immigration reform organization says it's outrageous that illegal aliens can openly campaign for political candidates without fear of deportation.

voter ballotThe Fox News Channel recently reported that dozens of illegal immigrants are knocking on doors in Seattle asking voters to support incumbent Democratic Senator Patty Murray, who is facing a stiff re-election challenge from Republican Dino Rossi. One of the canvassers interviewed by Fox says she knows it is a risk to advertise that she is an illegal alien, but that it is one she is willing to take.

But Ira Mehlman, a spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) who happens to live in Washington, says most people who are in the country illegally really do not have to fear deportation under the Obama administration.

"There's no reason to be surprised that ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] is not out there enforcing laws against illegal aliens who are...politicking for candidates for public office here in the United States," says the FAIR spokesman. "We should be outraged that they're not doing it. But the fact of the matter is that this has been the administration's policy since day one."

Ira MehlmanMehlman says the idea of foreign nationals trying to influence a U.S. election is reprehensible.

"Most Americans have a healthy respect for the privilege of voting in this country, and they don't appreciate interference by people who shouldn't be in the country in the first place," he states. "I'm not an expert on election law, and I don't know what the laws are pertaining to in-kind donations, which can mean the time you devote to a candidate's campaign -- but all these things ought to be looked at"

Mehlman says maybe the IRS should investigate whether any tax statutes may have been violated by foreign nationals working on an American political campaign.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Illegals free to canvass for votes
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
This is unbelieveable.  Would anyone take advice from an illegal alien? I would say, Hit the Road Jack, You shouldn't even be here, let alone give me advice on who to vote for, go home and fill out papers to come here legally.