Author Topic: Shifra Hoffman Discusses Rabbi Meir Kahane {zt''l}  (Read 389 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shifra Hoffman Discusses Rabbi Meir Kahane {zt''l}
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »
This woman, Shifra Hoffman, speaks words of kindness about our beloved Rabbi, may his blood be avenged...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/9776

Wisdom is Like Rain
Cheshvan 18, 5771, 26 October 10 11:48
by Shifra Hoffman

(Israelnationalnews.com)                   

Each year at this time, which marks the yarzeit (Memorial Day) of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, of blessed memory, brutally murdered by an Arab assassin twenty years ago, I humbly attempt to put into words what his loss means to me personally, as well as to the Jewish people.

Having been granted the privilege by Hashem Yitbarach (the Lord, Blessed be He)  to work closely with this  dedicated and selfless Jewish leader for many years, both in the United States, and later in Israel, I was privy to witness the true meaning of Ahavat Yisrael, love of the Jewish people,  which he exemplified.

Rabbi Kahane  loved the G-D of Israel, the land of Israel and the his Jewish brothers and sisters.

His first and foremost concern was to do whatever had to be done to alleviate the suffering of fellow Jews, whether they were refused the right to emigrate from the former Soviet  Union, or they were the  poverty stricken, elderly Jews in America  abandoned in changing neighborhoods and left helpless against the hoodlums who preyed upon them as easy victims .

As  Founder of the Jewish Defense League, his courageous activities and rallying cry "Never Again" shocked the world but  succeeded in changing the image  in many gentile minds of the passive Jew who "went quietly to the gas chambers"during the Holocaust.  Regardless of the countless beatings and imprisonmentshe suffered for his belief in his Torah true ideology, Rabbi Kahane  never faltered in his  commitment to Jewish survival.

I vividly recall one particular incident which occurred in the l980'S during the struggle to free millions of Jews behind the Iron Curtain.

Knowing that  the leader of the Kremlin would be coming to America to try to encourage detente between Russia and the United States, the Rabbi sent a letter to a  J.D.L activist, urging that Jews not be silent at this crucial time.

The letter was intercepted by the Israeli government and turned over to the U.S.Attorney general which meant that , due  to his previous arrests, Rabbi Kahane faced a possible 5 year imprisonment.

On the day of sentencing, the courtroom was filled to capacity,

The presiding Jewish judge stated that if Rabbi Kahane would declare an end to  his aggressive campaign against the Soviets, perhaps the court would consider leniency in handing down its verdict.

“Your Honor" came his reply "I stand before you today, who are a flesh and blood judge;, One day, I  will  have to stand before a HEAVENLY JUDGE, G-D BLESSED BE HE, who will ask me, "Meir Kahane, what did you do to help free millions of your  Jewish brothers and sisters who are virtual prisoners in Russia for wanting to emigrate to Israel?

Therefore, Your Honor...you must do what you must do...and, with G-D'S help, I will continue to do what I must do."

After making Aliyah with his family  in the seventies, Rabbi Kahane exhibited  the same steadfast  commitment to Eretz Yisrael, the Jewish homeland, enduring  imprisonments and hunger strikes for warning in his  classic books and lectures to transfer those Arab enemies living in Israel, whose  growing radicalization and  nationalism  both in and out of the Knesset.endangered Israel's survival.

His last words at the fatal speaking date in New York were to a prophetic call upon Jews to leave America and come home to Israel before the rising tide of virulent anti-Semitism might once again make them the scapegoats of the economic and racial problems facing the world, this time in American society. 

Today, 20 years later, events have shown that  his prophetic words have become a grim reality. Yet successive Israeli governments continue with the charade of the Oslo 'peace process', in which thousands of Israelis have been murdered and wounded while Israel keeps offerring suicidal concessions to its implacable Arab enemies.

An anonymous philospher once said, "Wisdom is like rain; it hits the highest mountain peaks and then descends to the valleys.

How tragic that Rabbi Meir Kahane,  a true and wise Jewish leader of our generation was taken from us, as Israel's present leaders ,stubbornly refusing  to acknowledge that "Kahane was right",  remain in the "valleys" untouched by the rain.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Shifra Hoffman Discusses Rabbi Meir Kahane {zt''l}
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Rabbi Meir Kahane will be avenged.  He was a good Man and teacher.